Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told today that Yamaha offers a digital dash kit for Rhinos that did not come with the digital dash. Does anybody know about this and if so the cost and part number? I have a 06' 660. Thanks in advanced for your help.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ebay digital dash. it'll plug in same wires, the only thing that wont work is the fuel gauge

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
The 04-06 use dash part #5UG-W0081-00-00. The part# changed for 07's since they have a fuel gauge and the connectors are different. Cost will be around $200 and a different engine temperture sensor must be installed(not sure if it's included or is bought separately). Go here and look for part "Alternate for Meter" under Yamaha Rhino 2006.
http://www.yamahapartsdepot.com

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just click on the link I put up there.

I got mine from Babbitts in less than a week at $171 as mentioned(plus a bit of shipping). I installed it earlier and it works great. Temp sensor was the most time consuming and that only took maybe 5 minutes to change out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bnott....I see you live in Brandon..... What's up? I live in Terry.

I recently purchased a digital dash for my '06. I ended up at GotGear in Ridgeland....I had a printout from an online yamaha parts dealer.... showed the $171 price... as mentioned above. They guy I delt with (Louie Carl) matched the internet pricing....... of course... I had to pay tax.....and I also had them ship to my work... so I didn't have to drive back to get it.....for like $10 more. Anyway.....Mine works great.....and was able to buy it thru them... local.... so if anything went wrong.... I wouldn't have an issue taking it back......

HTH

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you are patient, you can get them on eBay for cheaper than that. I got mine brand new for $150 including shipping. You can also pick up some used ones for even cheaper - the hour/ mileage will be off, but its not going to be true even with a new one.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I want this for my 09 450. I looked and it appears I have wires to my tank so I should get fuel gauge right. Also is it per wired for speedo. I was told 07 and newer doesn't need temp sensor. If u by it of eBay the ones that need it come with it. Like I said I think it's only 06 and older.

·
Registered
3 Posts
digital dash

Had a parts grizzly and took digital dash in my 04 rhino 660 dose anyone know if its possible to hook fuel gauge up if I use the sending unit and float from grizzly, and my parking brake light and 4wd light quit working which when I first hooked up was working any input

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dakota digital also makes one that is a pretty slick seat up. Adds rpm, volts, water temp oil pressure among others. You can also adapt it to work with a fuel gauge. They are on amazon and eBay. Model number utv1000. But as you would expect, they are between 500-600.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I realize I’m replying 10 years after this post asked, but figured it’s worth it for people that happen to come across this question... Yamaha did make a digital dash that was called “alternate meter” which included speedometer... from the parts guy that I’ve talked to they’re pretty specific to model and year. Production has been discontinued on older ones but some dealerships still have old inventory in stock.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts