Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently went on a long ride with my rhino and it started to lose power for a second or 2, and it stopped reaching its top speed of 48 and went down to 42. And now when I start reaching 42 it feels like it's struggling. I replaced the air filter and spark plug. I just don't know what the problem is. When I put it in low gear it starts whining at 30.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The best place for you to start is the trouble shooting in the owners manual, if you don't have one you will be able to find it on line and look up. If you are hoping for a cheap quick fix, try changing the fuel filter next. Could it be bad gas.

·
Registered
07 686, msd cdi, twin-air filter, Tyrex shocks, stage 1 hot cam, lots of old school tuning tricks
101 Posts
Also check your air filter. How many miles on the belt, and when was your sheave last serviced? These are the things I'd look at.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You don't indicate if you have a 660 or 700, so if 660 then I'd ensure the carb and air filter are clean. However, this sounds like a clutch issue and likely time to remove, clean out all that old dried grease, re-grease, and put in a new belt. Let us know what you discover.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Answer above if you will. To check out sheave performance remove the engine cover that's on the driver side of your rhino. Start engine with cover removed and rev up to see if belt rises up the sheave to the upper edge of the pully. If it does not rise all the way up then you will need to disassemble sheave and clean it up. Check Hunter Works or Youtube for easy to understand videos on how to do this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts