Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this 2007 (I think) a few months ago. The guy we bought it from got it to start right away. Now that we got it down to our farm, it's not been wanting to start at all. We charged the battery over night and it didn't want to start. We put a brand new battery in it, and it started right up, drove it around all weekend with no issues . We came down 2 weeks later (after frigid temps) and had to jump it, started right up after it backfired.
Now we go to start it the very next day and it backfired 3 times and still won't start. What would be causing this issue?

· Registered
4 Posts
Just bought this 2007 (I think) a few months ago. The guy we bought it from got it to start right away. Now that we got it down to our farm, it's not been wanting to start at all. We charged the battery over night and it didn't want to start. We put a brand new battery in it, and it started right up, drove it around all weekend with no issues . We came down 2 weeks later (after frigid temps) and had to jump it, started right up after it backfired.
Now we go to start it the very next day and it backfired 3 times and still won't start. What would be causing this issue?
Do you pull the manual choke out when you start it? Sounds like it is carburetor related and I know they need fairly warm weather to start without the choke partly pulled out (at least mine does and I am only marginally above sea level so altitude is not much of a factor).

· Registered
2 Posts
Recommend new fuel filter from auto parts store and add w- c-clamps. Clean and adjust needle clip w/dyno jet kit from Amazon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts