Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3" Xtreme lift in my 06 Rhino with 28" Swamplites. This weekend while riding my rear left axle popped out twice and now the oil seal is junk also. I know when i put the axle back in it was locked in. Could the circlip be junk? Has anyone else had this problem? Is there an axle spacer you can buy to correct this or a homemade way to space it? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I am going to be getting a new circlip and oil seal this week but dont want to have to keep buying them. I have also had the lift in for appx. 600-700 miles.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i had the same lift but never had an axle problem. i was waiting for a problem due to the extreme angle but they never poped out. we abused it pretty darn good with heavy ass 28inch outlaws on it!! my axles were damn near touching the rear frame where they exit the rear diff.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the 3" lift on mine and had the axle pop out once due to suspension maxing out, and another time had a rear shock break at mounting point out in the woods :aargh4:, and sway bar link on one side kept breaking :12:. Needless to say I junked the lift and put it back to stock, I hit more rocks now but I'm not stuck out on the trail anymore. :fingersx: Putting the Pro Armor skids to the test.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey man do you have a read diff support on it? Big tires will walk that rear diff all over the place with the stock bracket. Which could eventually cause ur axles to pop out and wear out your seals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i don't have one i guess ill have to look into getting one. thanks for that piece of information.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
i had the cfm 2 inch for around 5-7 hundred broke a cv joint so i took the lift back off i want super reliable i dont need stuff breaking just so it looks cool. liked the lift but dont like stuff breaking just going down the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts