Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that lost his 650 outlander off the trailer!! its pretty much totaled moto,trans, front end,ecm wiring is all there rest is pretty messed up. im thinking of builing a rhino what do yall think its worth?

·
Banned
401 Posts
Nothing sell it to me :)

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

dont waste your time, the cost of the conversion and the cost of a doner rhino just isn't worth the money or all the time for the amount of gains you get, go by a rzr xp900 for like $280 a month and be duning this weekend with more travel than any rhino and more power than that little rotax 800 conversion....

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree, if you dont care about having back seats or the extra width get an xp 900. I just heard of someone financing one for 12 years... $150 a month... He will probably have it totaled before it is half paid off lol..

dont waste your time, the cost of the conversion and the cost of a doner rhino just isn't worth the money or all the time for the amount of gains you get, go by a rzr xp900 for like $280 a month and be duning this weekend with more travel than any rhino and more power than that little rotax 800 conversion....

·
Banned
401 Posts
Well the rhino will still be running why that poo poo is in the sho getting fixed let's face it not everyone is stupid enough to buy a poopoo

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

Ya, just got off the polaris forum, the xp900 problem page of their forum is 35 pages long and full of problems,blown up motors,broken transmissions,leaking fluids,burning firewalls,electrical no starts etc....looks like polaris is making another product that the aftermarket shops and suppliers will love and have to fix.........my buddy with his new rzr 4 seater has 500 miles on it and all the suspension bushings are shot and he's got the whole thing apart replacing them....what a joke...their quality sucks...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, im in ms and all we have is mud here. the polaris is a powerful but we drag em out broke every ride!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Maybe he "Lost" it on purpose. After something goes flying off a trailer like that I wouldn't pay anyone anything for the scrap heap that's left in all reality, you don't have a clue how much internal damage to other parts may be present, cracked engine block, etc.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree, if you dont care about having back seats or the extra width get an xp 900. I just heard of someone financing one for 12 years... $150 a month... He will probably have it totaled before it is half paid off lol..

That adds up to $21,600 (plus whatever he put down) for a Rzr. Now you're talking enough $$ to buy a good used 5 seat long travel rail. I wonder how many monthly payment checks he writes before his new toy becomes "the boat anchor out in the garage".

·
Registered
74 Posts
my buddy had to have the first xp900 in our area, after taxes and a 5 year warrenty, he paid $22,000 dollars. I couldnt believe it. Dont get me wrong its a nasty beast but if and when i do a 800 swap with some goodies, i shuold be beating him.

·
Registered
525 Posts
my buddy had to have the first xp900 in our area, after taxes and a 5 year warrenty, he paid $22,000 dollars. I couldnt believe it. Dont get me wrong its a nasty beast but if and when i do a 800 swap with some goodies, i shuold be beating him.
An 800 with goodies will not beat an XP, you will need 900 plus cc's to beat one. Believe me it isn't cheap but sure feels good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts