Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a rhino 450 and i am running 25's after market would it be to much to run 27 mudlite's .

·
Registered
8 Posts
27" XTR's and i spin them fine, i think that you could go even bigger with a lighter tire if you wanted

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes the 450 will turn them very well I run 27inch XTRs but have also broken both rear axles, but we ride ruff no (ROAD COWBOYS) here.

·
Banned
6,189 Posts
27'' tires on a 450 holy moly...

·
Registered
50 Posts
What do you mean benzito HOLY MOLY the 450 is geared much lower than the 660 an for the type of riding we do in the moutains slow crawling around it does great. A friend of mine has a 660 with the same tires an he has a much harder time pulling these tires in the moutains then us 450 boys do.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I ran 27" Mud Bugs and 27" Mud Lites on my 450... The Mud Bugs are the way to go if you want 27s because they come in 8 and 10" widths and take much less power for some reason plus they are real tuff... Wish I would have got another set instead of the Mud Lites because the Mud Lites have thin sidewalls, rob power and dig and throw mud like crazy.....nobody will ride behind me with them... and yes the 450 will turn 27s but when you get into the hilly stuff you'll overheat even in winter... Just prepare to stop every 1/2 hour and run the fan... Also keep them aired up to at least 8 or 9psi to cut down on the resistance...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dont know why your fan runs all the time or over heats i run 27inch XTRs an my fan hardly ever runs an i watch my temp guage the heck with the idiot light .We ride in the moutains climbing crawling allot of low speed all the time an it hardly ever gets above 180 degrees you might want to check your coling system. Try some of the new radiator ice it runs 15 to 20 degrees cooler. I havent tried any myself because i have never needed to but a buddy of mine runs it in a YFZ450 an he says he loves it. We rode this weekend 92 degrees an the fan never came on the first time.

·
Banned
6,189 Posts
What do you mean benzito HOLY MOLY the 450 is geared much lower than the 660 an for the type of riding we do in the moutains slow crawling around it does great. A friend of mine has a 660 with the same tires an he has a much harder time pulling these tires in the moutains then us 450 boys do.

we just put ours in low and were gone.....

·
Banned
6,189 Posts
u guys r rhinonutssss

·
Registered
50 Posts

Where do yall ride in the sand or what? Because where we ride that light bar you have on top would be trashed real quick. A tree would take her right off. By the way that is a sweet ride.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts

Where do yall ride in the sand or what? Because where we ride that light bar you have on top would be trashed real quick. A tree would take her right off. By the way that is a sweet ride.
I ride in everything. Forest, Desert, Sand, snow, mud, rocks. You name it. If the light is coming off, my roof it coming off as well. It sit's below my roof.

·
Registered
453 Posts
27" XTR's and i spin them fine, i think that you could go even bigger with a lighter tire if you wanted
So I should be fine with 27" swamplites stock width on stock wheels. My 450 is stock other than cdi and I don't want to really do any mods. My rhino is for hunting and some trail riding. Also did u lift yours at all. Looking at CFM 2" for mine.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Swamp lights puncture like water balloons. Go with Bighorns 27x9x12 all the way around. I had them on my 450 and they worked great. The lower gearing on the 450 helps. The Bighorns will wear 3 times longer than the swamplites and save you money down the road. They have become pricey lately if you can find them.

So I should be fine with 27" swamplites stock width on stock wheels. My 450 is stock other than cdi and I don't want to really do any mods. My rhino is for hunting and some trail riding. Also did u lift yours at all. Looking at CFM 2" for mine.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Cool so I'll check out the bighorns. U mean 27-9-12 all the way around.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
1 - 20 of 54 Posts