Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 07 660 it is completely stock with 1600 miles, it starts easy,idles good, but once you take pedal past half throttle it begins to miss and then smoothers out. i checked fuel filter and it is staying full i didnt know if the plug will cause this prob. or what the deal is. all info is appreciated

·
Registered
581 Posts
Do you maybe have an issue with the slide or diaphram? Remove the top cap of your carb and inspect the rubber diaphram for holes or damage, also inspect the slide itself a good backfire can easily burn and damage it...

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
check your sheave.
if the grease inside there is dirty and caked up its like being stuck in low gear.
mine was so bad i almost couldnt pull the cam plate out, stuff was like stale peanut butter.
afterwards install some greaseless rollers and slides and never worry about it again.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
does it only do it when driving? does it do it in N?

if it does it in N then I would say it's a carb/slide problem like Nate said

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the engine is also smoking alot when it smoothers out the smoke looks like fuel smoke. another thing it was using quite a bit of oil needs a rebuild thinking of 686 kit what is one of the better kits

·
Registered
581 Posts
Take a look at the diaphram it is quick and easy to check. As far as 686cc kits go I keep a bored and ready cylinder in stock as well as CP 11.0:1 pistons and SCE and Cometic gaskets.

Nate

·
Registered
581 Posts
I recommend a 50/50 mixture of pump and race to be safe, but many people use just an octane booster. You would be looking at about $300 shipped on a ready to go kit with cylinder exchange.

Nate

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
my yzf450 is 12.5-1 and iv ran 91 with no problems since 08...and it has alot of hard race hours. youll be fine with 91. Nate is just trying to be safe.

·
Registered
581 Posts
my yzf450 is 12.5-1 and iv ran 91 with no problems since 08...and it has alot of hard race hours. youll be fine with 91. Nate is just trying to be safe.
While I am being safe please remember that comparing a Rhino to a YFZ450 is like apples to oranges. Just be cautious...

Nate

1 - 16 of 16 Posts