Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 09 fi 700 rhino and having an issue with it idling, have 800 miles and never a problem until now. have to rev to keep running whether it is cold or hot. runs fine full throttle, but won't stay running at idle. My son I believe swamped, had water in intake, pulled plug on intake tube underneath and good amount of water drained out. Just does not want to idle now. any ideas would be helpfull. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Absent any other external problems, water likely got into the float bowl and some dust is lodged in your pilot jet.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
it's a 700....no carb. lol

I think there is a sensor that you need to pull apart and clean...think someone recently had same issue.

·
Registered
522 Posts
LOLZ.
I didn't read very closely...or at all did I? "09 fi 700."

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Could have a problem with the idle air control valve. It is bolted to the left side of the throttle body with 3 phillips screws. It isn't really servicable but you could make sure the pintle on the end of the valve is moving in/out when the key is turned on. If it isn't moving, that is your problem.

The computer commands the valve to let more or less air to bypass the closed butterfly to increase or decrease idle speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts