Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
A full folding windshield. Below is a link to the one that I have. Takes about 30 seconds to fold or put back up. In the summer I completely remove mine. It takes about 2 minutes, doing it by myself.
You have to be VERY careful washing the front windshield because they are made from a polycarbonate and will scratch regardless of what the adds say. I use water and my hand to clean it.

If your windshield is up, you absolutely need a back windshield or the dust will swirl around and back into your cab. I am making a frame to fit in my bed and will put my rear windshield or get another on the back of it when I get it installed, because if you have the front windshield up and the rear windshield in everything in the bed gets absolutely covered in dust.

front windshield that I have

rear windshield that I have

You should also look at getting a Ryde-On Dust Guard. It will stop the dust from coming up from the seats and console. Also cuts down on noise and heat some.

sorry for the book. Hope it helps.

Trav

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A full folding windshield. Below is a link to the one that I have. Takes about 30 seconds to fold or put back up. In the summer I completely remove mine. It takes about 2 minutes, doing it by myself.
You have to be VERY careful washing the front windshield because they are made from a polycarbonate and will scratch regardless of what the adds say. I use water and my hand to clean it.

If your windshield is up, you absolutely need a back windshield or the dust will swirl around and back into your cab. I am making a frame to fit in my bed and will put my rear windshield or get another on the back of it when I get it installed, because if you have the front windshield up and the rear windshield in everything in the bed gets absolutely covered in dust.

front windshield that I have

rear windshield that I have

You should also look at getting a Ryde-On Dust Guard. It will stop the dust from coming up from the seats and console. Also cuts down on noise and heat some.

sorry for the book. Hope it helps.

Trav
Hey appreciate the input, glad that you replied!!

·
Registered
2005 660
76 Posts
Windshields are like anything else, personal preference prevails.

I've got the Kolpin full tilt. The top portion pops right off if you want to run that way. I paid the extra for the scratch resistant polycarbonate and it does make a difference.

For the rear I have the Seizmik soft roof/rear window. Normally I have the window rolled up for more airflow. It only comes down for rain and dust.

Just ordered the EMP aluminum hard top and am going to integrate the rear window of fhe Seizmik to it if I can't just go right over the soft top.

Whatever you choose, definitely get a rear window or cover for the wraparound dust issue. I do have the dust guard for the operator compartment and that does help too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts