Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at my local costco on Saturday and found they had a champion 4500lb winch for 139.99

My questions are can I use the old contactor switch from the busted warn I had installed before with this new winch? And also use the switch I have mounted by the steering wheel same as one that would be mounted on the handle bars of a quad? Everything is still on the rhino except the winch. So I assume it should be just plug and play basically??

thx for any help

MB

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think since all the brands are probably wired about the same that you should be fine. I don't think it would hurt to try it. Let us know how that winch works..that's a good price!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think since all the brands are probably wired about the same that you should be fine. I don't think it would hurt to try it. Let us know how that winch works..that's a good price!
Will do forsure I am picking it up in the morning. I was quite impressed by the research I found on it it sounds like a decent winch. Alot of guys with trucks use the champion 8000 and 10000lb models. One thing I did find is they do not like water that much. But in all reality which winch does? I am thinking of opening it up and loading it up with grease to help the water issue. And maybe after a mud/water ride opening it up again and doing the same.

Thx MB

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
When I was looking at Champion wenches the horsepower ratings were really low compared to other wenches; in other words they overrated their wenches. A Champion 4500 wench is probably closer to 3000 wench.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I tried a 4500, not bad if you have all day to pull, they are very slow, I took mine back. Thank god for costco warranty.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which model warn do you have? The RT and XT series are LIFETIME warranty !!
I am not sure as it was on the machine when I purchased it. It is in a pile of pieces now after taking it apart. Maybe I will just get a Venom Winch instead of the champion then I am really wanting at least 4000lb power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts