Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Yamaha include and undocumented, preinstalled lead-out on their wiring harness to connect a winch to?

Thus far I have located a lead-out under the hood in the middle a two-wire lead out that is switched with the ignition. These are small wires for a low draw device. A similar lead out is located at the rear center of the of the Rhino below the tailgate.

Any help/experince on winch wiring is appreciated.

2zgoot

2007 660

·
Registered
798 Posts
there is one in the rear center? do you have a color or location? i need to hook up my plate light :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the posts. Now easy prewired lead out has been identified yet.

Alex-there is a blue and a brown wire dead center in the back with a male and female coupler. One of the leads is switched witht he ignition and works great for a plate light.

In the front dead center under the hood, near the battery box, behind the cross bar is a similar male/femal coupling (wore colors are black & brown). This wire is also switched and works well for a horn.

Neither of which are large enough to power a winch.

Rock-Thanks for the post... good info. Apparently, a direct wire to the battery is the only option.

Rhino on!!
2zgoot

·
Registered
798 Posts
i have a warn winch installed when i bought mine...ill take some dirty pics right now of the wiring. i have taken the winch off though

·
Registered
798 Posts
i know its a mess under here...cleaning up the wiring will be a priority when i get my 2nd battery in.

there is just a power and ground (red and black) that go to the battery
a blue and yellow that go to the winch
and the switch is two small wires that plug in....

i dont know if this is what you were looking for

1 - 9 of 9 Posts