Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a winch for the front of my rhino, I'm not gonna pay the price for a warn, but i still need something comparable to the rt 30.
im thinking gorilla XT 3000. What else compares and is still affordable. (pls none of that viper max crap)

also I might get two gorilla XT 3000s for front and rear, hook some extra wires up and a protable 2in mount and i should be good.... right?

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well I'm gonna say it anyway. I love my Viper Max 4500. Hasn't let me down yet and I use it ALOT. I think it was around 250 with all the parts you could possibly need plus extras shipped to your door. Don't really see why you're so against it. All I've heard is good things about them, and their customer service

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've only heard good things about the viper max as well.. that's what I'm gonna go with.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, thanks guys

but what about warranty and support from the guys selling vipers? What that like?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought the Venom 4000X off of Ebay for 250.00 shipped. This this is a Warn just retagged, granted not the new one. Infact one of the sheets of instructions had a warn embelem on it. So go figure.

If you want it to be a Warn, Buy a Warn.

My .02

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a viper - been good and i use it a lot to plow (w/ synthetic rope).

No idea if they work but the cheap tool place - harbor freight - always advertises cheap winches - not sure how to hook up but if you could fab something that would be an affordable option.

·
Registered
171 Posts
you can mount it on a reciever hitch. everyone i ride with have warn only fried one and was replaced within a week. i was so stuck it took my 4000 and two 3000 to get me out dam snow.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Go to Viper's website. I just ordered a 4000 max synthetic today. You will also see that they actually do some upgrades to the winches. You will also read that the Venoms are from a guy that used to work for Viper. Regardless if that is true or not they have a very good rep from everything I have read. Mine from eBay with winch cover, snatch block, AmSteel rope (and yes this is important), and Rhino mounting kit was 280.00 shipped. Even if it goes out after the year warranty I can buy another one and still be under the price of a Warn.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Viper customer service for me was great, I got a response on weekend and the replaced a part for free and it was my fault. Granted it was only a spring, but they were still nice and the winch has had no issues is frequently submerged. I would by another one without hesitation and would suggest it to anyone in any condition.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here's the Viper Elite which is similar to the max but with the synthetic rope already on it, it comes with a 18month warranty too:
High Lifter ATV Products & Accessories - Viper "Elite" 4500# Winch

Here's the difference between the two as posted by the company that sells them:

"They are a remote control switch, a 1/4" 9200 lb Amsteel Blue syn. rope instead of a 5400 lb 3/16" rope, an internal lubricating system (this is a big deal IMHO), an additional 6 months of warrenty, free spool knob improvement and quiter operation. The rope size alone on your Rhino along with the lube system is, I believe, worth the price difference."

·
Registered
115 Posts
I paid 280.99 for for the 4000 with synthetic to my door from eBay. The Elite is showing 374.99 on their site and they are out of stock. I could not justify the 30% cost increase for the elite had they been in stock.

It actually shipped today and should be here Thursday.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just got a Viper MX3500 off Ebay...ordered last Friday and arrived on Monday. Their customer service is very good. $148...has breaking, winch cover, snatch block, rubber stop. I used the universal mount that came with it and fabbed a 3" piece of u-shaped steel for the drop from the bumper. This is a complete kit, even had zip ties. Easy directions. Got every thing in but the two switches in an evening. Fits really well. My plow arrives tomorrow. Christmas in March!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
135 Posts
mfisher, you may want to consider rotating the motor to get the contacts away from the frame. It may not be likely, but possible.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Jonesntn...I saw where you made this comment to another guy. There's almost an inch between the frame and the connector. If I rotate it, there's no place to mount the cable guide. I suppose a piece of rubber and some black tape around the frame might help. ??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts