Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was told the shocks off a stock RaZr (Not Razr S) would fit my 2008 Rhino 700. I am able to get a all 4 free but wanted to know if they would fit? Are they a direct bolt in? Will I notice much of a ride improvement?

Thank you,

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
If you can get em free do it and find out and let everyone know
:rofl3:

good one... :)

Are those shocks piggy backs with adjustable compression and rebound...and what is the spring rate on them...and what is the eye to eye length of the shock off the vehicle...

Those are the questions you want answers to...

You could ask LSRgreg... I am pretty sure he would know...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're not piggy backs. But I was told they are still better then the stock non piggies that come with the Rhino. I have no idea about the spring rate or the eye to eye. I can measure the Razr's now that I have them but that won't tell me the stroke on them so I won't know if they will bottom out. I was hopeing someone knew. I'll drop LSRgreg a note see what he thinks. If not maybe I'll try slaping them on and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I have a buddy that has the "base" model rzr with the shocks you are talking about. He hates them as much as I hated my base model rhino ones!! If they're free...no harm in trying; but, start looking around for a set of used sport edition ressi's (or aftermarket)...there are deals out there, you just have to "run" into them!!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Im gonna have some sport ressi's for sale soon mabey this weekend along with some other stuff i need to get rid of to fund a build or swap. To busy at work till fri to get a post and pics up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well LSRGREG got back to me it doesn't sound promising... SO it's time to watch for a good set of resi's... hmmmm maybe I can get a good deal on a mid or long travel kit. Then tell the wife I just swapped the shocks.. lol

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
There was a fantastic deal on some Ishock f-18s not long ago...you should go looking in the parts for sale section...and run an add in the wanted to buy section...

I think it was camshaw that had the f-18s for $700...might be wrong about who...but I am sure about the product and the price...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 07 660. Got a set of RaZr shocks from my buddy today. The length for the front is a direct fit but you have to shave down the bushing sleeve on the shock to fit the bottom mount. There is a little sag but not to bad but man does it make a world of difference for the front suspension!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The rear razr shocks are way to long so they don't work.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
hi i was told the shocks off a stock razr (not razr s) would fit my 2008 rhino 700. I am able to get a all 4 free but wanted to know if they would fit? Are they a direct bolt in? Will i notice much of a ride improvement?

thank you,
john why don't you just buy my stock resi shocks? I only live about 2 miles from you !

·
Banned
833 Posts
hi i was told the shocks off a stock razr (not razr s) would fit my 2008 rhino 700. I am able to get a all 4 free but wanted to know if they would fit? Are they a direct bolt in? Will i notice much of a ride improvement?

thank you,
john why don't you just buy my stock resi shocks? I only live about 2 miles from you !
I'm interested ... how many miles on them & hows much?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
John.. Didn't know you still had them... I'll try to call you this week.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
John.. Didn't know you still had them... I'll try to call you this week.
Call me ! Better yet you already did. I will call you tommorow !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts