Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the GBC Dirt Tamers and they have the 25x8x12’s that will work on the front wheels but they don’t make a 25x10x12 in that tire for the rear. Will the 25x9x12 Dirt Tamers work in the rear?

I don’t want to buy new wheels and want to use the stock aluminum special edition wheels I have. The wheels are 12x6 on front and 12x7.5 on the rear and they will he replacing stock steel wheels that came with it

My Rhino is an 09 450 with 1000 miles on it.

If the 25x9x12’s with in the rear should I just buy 4 and run all the same size of will that work with the rims being different widths?

Thanks for the help in advance

·
Holiday Winner!
506 Posts
They will work, you can also run them all the way around, but on the wider rim they will be slightly shorter. It should not be an issue as you won't need 4x4 in any high traction situation, and if you do need 4x4 there should be enough slip. It is just a personal preference at that point. With the wider rims in the rear I would go with the little bit wider tire. A lit of guys don't like to run a wide tire in the rear as it makes it harder to steer particularly in conjunction with the skinny pedal.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
I run 26x9x12 on all 4 corners no problems. I have a 9" mounted on a stock front rim and it seated fine so you may be ok with the different width rims or just buy 2 more rear rims.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts