Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a guy with a 660 looking to trade his aftermarket lift kit for stock suspension. and was wondering if my stock 700 susp and axles will swap over to his 660? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I searched and couldn't find anything that helped.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I would rather have 700 stock ... because of the brakes and axles the same length ... I kinda doubt they interchange ... but I don't know for sure.
I am pretty sure you would also have to swap differentials along with everything else if it will work at all.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
A arms and shocks will bolt right up. Axles are completely different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
469 Posts
Length for sure ... maybe spline too ... why I said differentials will have to be swapped .... if they will even swap.
700 axles are the same length on both sides and 660 axle are different lengths .... also the 660 has one brake rotor on the front of the diff and the 700 has rotors on each wheel.

I would NEVER think about swapping to the inferior 660 ... I have a 660 and wish I could swap to 700.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my Rhino from my brother inlaw. He told me yesterday the stock rear diff went out and he put in a 660 diff. Me not knowing that I ordered all new 700 axles awhile back and installed them with no issues. My diff does have the disc brake on it along with both individual rear wheel brakes.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I got my Rhino from my brother inlaw. He told me yesterday the stock rear diff went out and he put in a 660 diff. Me not knowing that I ordered all new 700 axles awhile back and installed them with no issues. My diff does have the disc brake on it along with both individual rear wheel brakes.

Is it Fuel injected or have a carb?
The differentials may be the same ... I don't know for sure, but I think the 700 uses the rotor on the diff as the park brake.

Google your model number to see what you have ... for sure!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts