Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so we got our new wildcat in today... looks pretty amazing..

62" wide and a full 95" long...

compared to our race prep xp that's 15" longer and 5" wider!

ill upload the pics i have taken so far!

the bummer is that you need a 6 digit dealer pin to get it to start.. best part you have to call arctic cat to get that.. there not open till tuesday!!!!

Another reason i ride a yamaha!

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

Attachments

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
check out the spread on the lower front a arms! HUGH lover 15" wide

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
last three.. not the radiator behind the seats with two hugh 12" puller fans

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
as soon as we get the code will see what it will do against out race prep xp..

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Took it for a ride up the black top today... Not real impressed with the power...but could hit pretty big speed bumps at full speed and hardly knew what I hit...also the led head lights are Badass

Ps didn't line it up with our xp yet..boss wanted it in the show room so we had to keep it on the asphalt

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Drove the wildcat over new years...little more power than a well built rhino, maybe a few hp more... Also drove an xp900 and it BLEW it away power wise. The wildcat was hands down better in the rough stuff, but had alot of bodyroll.

Seen Hapa go through alot of $$$$ and several builders trying to get more power out of his prowler 1000 with little power improvement. It's gonna take some time, $$$, and alot of r&d to get the AC to compete motor wise with an xp. The xp is a better motor out of the box, so I doubt the AC will get to the xp's hp #'s without becoming a timebomb or costing alot of money.

Now, with that said....I still prefer the wildcat over the xp, because it can be driven comfortably all day, it's quiet, and has enough power to get you around the dunes comfortably. If you're looking for a platform to build a hillshooter or drag utv from, the xp is a much better choice.

A front swaybar(maybe a thicker rear), some seat side support, and harnesses are all It needs to finish off the ergo's/ handling..
did u notice where the rear sway bar is mounted? like 4" back on the trailer arm from the mounting locations! should have had it at least halfway to be more affective! the xp is almost halfway to the tires..

i would turbo one in a heart beat!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.