Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so we got our new wildcat in today... looks pretty amazing..

62" wide and a full 95" long...

compared to our race prep xp that's 15" longer and 5" wider!

ill upload the pics i have taken so far!

the bummer is that you need a 6 digit dealer pin to get it to start.. best part you have to call arctic cat to get that.. there not open till tuesday!!!!

Another reason i ride a yamaha!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
sounds nice but wont fit on my trails.. I have barely enough room to get throug with my Rhino.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Nice looking ride. not quite enough utility for me however but all the best with it.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

chinese frame and it shows, jack the damn thing up from the back and watch how the f'd up geometry pulls the rear tires into the car and lays them over, plus its slower than an xp,why would anybody want it, its a cobbled together pile.........aint much faster than a good running rhino either......driven it,not impressed,take it back to the drawing board artic cat..........

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Heard the exact opposite from a pretty good motor builder. Runs right with an xp and will outrun with simple porting, but has way better ride. More comfortable seating position I hear also. First years will always have growing pains though. I'm anxious to try one myself.

·
Vendor
9,660 Posts
Heard the exact opposite from a pretty good motor builder. Runs right with an xp and will outrun with simple porting, but has way better ride. More comfortable seating position I hear also. First years will always have growing pains though. I'm anxious to try one myself.
The ACs have potential, especially in clutching. Our old 1000 made TONS of power and the aftermarket long travel helped out. I think the wildcat with a few performance mods will open a new door and give the xp owners a HUGE run for the money.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
as soon as we get the code will see what it will do against out race prep xp..

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
your xp is going to beat it in a drag race unless there's a woop section

·
Vendor
9,660 Posts
Hands down.. flat ground drag race the XP has more power to pull ahead. Put some rough stuff in front of them and the Wildcat will take the W. Its one of those thing.. more suspension will races where power over suspension lacks. Spending $2k to $2500 on shocks for your XP will keep up with the Wildcat, but $2k or $2500 in performance on the Wildcat and you have a beast of a machine.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.