Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the deal. I have an 07 660 with dragon fire CDI and air filter adaptor. I also have HW 18gram greaseless primary weights with the HW orange secondary spring. All turning 26" tires on 14" rims. My cousin has an 06 660. Bone stock with 25" tires.
In a drag race, he gets me off the line all the way till his rev limiter kicks in. WTF. Do tires an inch taller and an inch wider than stock really make that big of deal.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
if u wanna keep those big heavy wheels u will like sum 14 gram total weight weights,

u atleast need 16 gram total 18 is stock

and yes heavier rotating mass on these under powered rigs is a huge down fall

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
going from stock tires to my 26-9-12's I like feel a power loss.

put a JBS sheave in it, you'll get your power back and then some!

1,651 Posts
ditch HW's b.s and call JBS, he will lead you in the right direction. James runs his business as a passion, not a necessity. Check out his vendor section, I have not found a bad review...anyone?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I actually contacted James earlier this week. I've got a trip planned this weekend, then I'm sending him my sheave as soon as I get back.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
hell yes! I have 26's and a 4 seater and the 14's get me going much quicker! it REALLY surprised me in the dunes, where it's maximum load on the motor, went everywhere I wanted!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Tires make a HUGE difference. A CDI basically only increases rev limit. THe producers love to tell you the spark energy is higher, and better starting, blah blah, all BS.

it does increase rev limiter and thats it. your tires will KILL your acceleration unless you get a JBS machined sheave. I have one, they're awesome and really help gain back your power loss from the tires and then some.

good luck

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
What's your guys thoughts on a 700 cam plate?

Cam plate doesn't really matter as long as it is in good shape. They make the greaseless sliders for both, 660 and 700. You do want the greaseless sliders to go along with greaseless weights.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I do agree with James though, the design of the 700's cam plate eliminates having to use the metal clips.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts