Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

ATV Answerman tries to find a solution to a problem Rhino

“Why is my modified Rhino pushing when cornering?” That’s a pretty loaded question, but it’s what one of our readers needs to know and we put the ATV AnswerMan on the case.

Here’s exactly what reader Michael asked the ATV AnswerMan, followed by his answer:

The front end of my Rhino pushes badly when turning corners. Wants to keep going straight. I have attached a couple of picture’s as it is not stock. Tying to get some ideas of how to get it corrected.

To read the article, head here: Why Is My Modified Rhino Pushing When Cornering? - ATV.com

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Looks to me that the right spindle is bent. I bent a spindle on my 450 and it pushed hard. On my 700 i have long travel with negative camber and the steering is fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Engineer
8,221 Posts
Bushing quality is a major factor as well. Yamaha's factory bushings are vulcanized and bind, eventually self destructing. High quality replacements make a big difference in steering and ride comfort.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If the rear tires are really wide, and the front are too skinny, assuming nothing is bent and the alignment are good, it will cause it too push worse on a wide track vehicle. try firming up the rear tires and softening up the front a bit. It will let the front end bite better. When you have a locked rear end no matter what it is, it will tend to push....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've always found the cure for a vehicle that wants to push when cornering is to just roll on the gas hard and let the rear end slide out :banana:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts