Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rhino 700 with k&n filter,two brothers dual exhaust,dynatek ignition and fuel controller,clutch sheaves with all ceaseless weights and sliders and orange secondary spring .still running 12" rim with stock tires????? Any suggestions on why I can only get about 55 and that's on a very slight downhill slope...

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
gps or dash?

mapping could be off...

but hitting 60 consistently in a rhino is tough, stock motor wise. stars must be aligned

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dash speedo.. The slight down was in the dirt but really really hard dirt so mine as well be asphault. Dies anyone know a good mapping for it

·
Registered
101 Posts
Windshields or roof? May sound stupid, but it all adds up.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
i think u will see more top end with MSD on the 700's

and if that dont do it ive seen everyone with muzzy's msd k&N on the 700 hit 60 so they say !

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

and if that dont do it ive seen everyone with muzzy's msd k&N on the 700 hit 60 so they say !
I wasn't able to go over 60 on the dash till I included the cam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
985 Posts
I would put in a MSD and a Cam. I can hit 58- 60 at times in mine with no passengers. Takes a while but she gets there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No windshield and yes a roof a small two seater roof also has bed delete. It supposedly did 58 in glamis before the belt broke then we fixed it put the greaseless 18oz weights and sliders put the orange spring and added the fuel controller thinking all that would make it easily go 60+and its slower now Haha losing battle

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Orange spring does NOTHING for a 700...you need a gold spring and 18g weights to get the most top speed for whatever sheave you have...

If you don't have and a/f gauge you do NOT know if your a/f is correct or not...

Speedo reads high above 40mph with stock tires...

If you really want to optimize your top speed you have to start by getting a tach, a/f gauge, and gps...

Then you will know where you are at all times and have the info you need to make the right adjustments...

Not all sheaves are machined the same for top speed...some are more conservatively done than others...

What is your rev limiter set at....

What is your top speed gps in low at the rev limiter... this will tell you a lot about what you have and how well it's working relative to what you might get out of it with tuning...both ignition/fuel and cvt...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
At 60 mph with stock tire sizes your engine is screaming RPMs. Even though I can easily do 52-53 mph with my modified 700 I only go in the 40's so the engine will last awhile.

·
Registered
985 Posts
What A/F gauge would you recommend? I might want to get one for my ride. I think she needs a little tuning.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts

X2
with Muzzy's/MSD/Sheave, I could never hit 60.
after the cam, I've hit 67 on the street and can usually pull 62-63 in the dirt.

·
Registered
985 Posts
mark get the innovative LC-1
Thanks. I found one on Ebay. I would like to get it in before the next trip. Then I can really tune it.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts

I agree with Roo

·
Registered
985 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.