Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Fireball Racing

Votes: 6 5.4%
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is a question I am asking for someone else, I am trying to be as impartial and non-baised as possible.

Which long travel kit would you recommend? Also, how would you answer the following questions in reference to the kit you are recommending?

Does the kit put extra stress on OEM parts that do not get replaced (spindles)?

Can I use any type of wheels (10", 12" 14", stock wheels) with this kit?

How do I know which kit has the best shock combination setup?

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
I have the SCF kit. I personaly think it is one of the better kits out there.I am running the Kings with it. I have not broke anything yet ( knock on wood ) and I am hard on equiptment. My front shocks seem to be set up perfect but the rears need some work.As far as wheels I doubt you could run a 10 but I'm sure 12s and 14's are just fine.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Ok, this is a question I am asking for someone else, I am trying to be as impartial and non-baised as possible.

Which long travel kit would you recommend? Also, how would you answer the following questions in reference to the kit you are recommending?

Does the kit put extra stress on OEM parts that do not get replaced (spindles)?

Can I use any type of wheels (10", 12" 14", stock wheels) with this kit?

How do I know which kit has the best shock combination setup?

Not possible ..... You love that Rhino Mafia kit way to much to be non-baised .....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Im sure this is bias but I would recommend LSR's XTR kit because its built great and Greg is ALWAYS willing to help with any questions. That says soooo much to me as a consumer.

Service is high on my priority list and Greg doesnt fall short there at all.

The Kit kicks major ass as well so its a win win. It doesnt put to much added stress to the stock parts, on the newer kits you can use your stock wheels and tires, and they are tuned in with Bilstiens and Elka's.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Sure seems like a tough question to answer. I have only been in two long travel Rhinos, mine with Fabtech, and a friends with Mason. They both work great.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure seems like a tough question to answer. I have only been in two long travel Rhinos, mine with Fabtech, and a friends with Mason. They both work great.
thats ok, all points of view are to be considered in this particular post, I am asking for someone that is considering long travel.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
:headbang:SDHQ:headbang:

brace up everything else...cuz you won't bend/break their arms.
its not really a kit,but i beleive they are working on making it one.

other then that LSR +6

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
I was wondering this. Is now a good time to sell then if new things will be out next year?

Do you think the RZR and new faster rhino and maybe a Honda and Kawasaki may make the rhino monopoly over?

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would put my money on Honda for the more innovative design and Yamaha for the best overall side by side, rumor has it they are coming out with an 880cc Rhino.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Yeah, Im sure the new Rhino will be sweet....but Im sure theyll also have a killer premium on them as well. Im just gonna hang with what I got for awhile. Nothing is yet official so who know whats really gonna happen any ways!

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
same here... side by sides are in their infancy... i bet the future for us Rhino 660 owners is going to be engine swaps that will be much faster than some of the future side x sides coming out.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I would put my money on Honda for the more innovative design and Yamaha for the best overall side by side, rumor has it they are coming out with an 880cc Rhino.

I think that us why rhinocraft is selling their monster energy race rhino, I hope something really fast comes out

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
or Dana Creech should just go back to freestyle quad instead of rhino racing

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
So you guys know my rhino. How much do you think it's worth with the +3 kit and everything? I'm not selling really but I'm curious what my loss would be and if it would be enough to start over with a 880 rhino.

When the 880 is official the loss will go up I bet.

·
Registered
235 Posts
DONT buy the SCF kit!!!

This is what a customer had to do in order to install the kit...

And I quote...

"Ditto Love my kit but was a beeeootch to put in. The rear arms were off about a 1/8 had to grind the inner sides of the the top and bottom arm bushings down a 1/16 on each side so they would slide into the channels!! and I have the kings but same issue the tolerance of the lower shock mount is so snug I had to shave a little off the spacer as well."

How retarded!!! If you have to grind a brand new kit to fit your Rhino there is a HUGE problem with that kit. Stick with Rhino Mafia, LSR, or Masons... End of story...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Metal bends a bit when it is welded. All a arms should be built in a jig of some sort. Dont remove the arm from the jug until it has cooled. Then test fit your product to a mock up chassis!!!

I doubt they are test fitting there product or even checking the tolerances. JMO

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
So you guys know my rhino. How much do you think it's worth with the +3 kit and everything? I'm not selling really but I'm curious what my loss would be and if it would be enough to start over with a 880 rhino.

When the 880 is official the loss will go up I bet.
I would guess around 20k without the shiit tickets.
You could get another 2 bucks if you included them

1 - 20 of 166 Posts