Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
2300 hard miles on my 08 700, First thing I did when I brought it home brand new is take it for a 55 mile run straight up the road. Since then it has been ridden hard through all kinds of rough, rocky, rutted land. through waste deep mud, WAY overloaded with wood, rocks, sand, and people..... So far its been great, only a couple small issues and the dreaded YES warranty took care of them, no problem

Checked my clutches and belt two weeks ago, everything looks brand new, probly change the belt around 3000, My grizzly 660 had 4500 on it and the original belt still worked great. I Change the oil every 300-600 miles, depending on riding conditions, amsoil 20-50 for summer with a pulolator filter... Runs better than brand new....

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
2300 hard miles on my 08 700, First thing I did when I brought it home brand new is take it for a 55 mile run straight up the road. ....

I agree with that.... I believe an easy "break in run" is a good idea. I did the same thing, I ran it varying between 30 and 40 mph and kept it at each speed for a few minutes. Brought it home, changed the oil and have drove it like hell since. My plan was to do the religious oil changes every 500 miles or so but that has never really happened. I even went about 2k once.

·
Registered
53 Posts
4912 on my 08 700 has become hard to start and surges at idel and most of time stuck on high idel one belt set of brakes full curtis cab and tracks other than that all is good

·
Registered
185 Posts
Not a Rhino, but a customer has a 2005 Grizzly 660 with over 22,000 km (13,580 miles) on it. Replaced the belt at 11,000 km, regular oil changes and tune-ups, other than that no major issues - has started to puff blue slightly a few thousand km ago.
Highest mileage I have seen on a Rhino is around 11,500 km (7000 miles).

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
my dads got over 10000 miles on rhino and iom pushing 7000. 02 grizzly 3000 and runs like brand new still.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2300 hard miles on my 08 700, First thing I did when I brought it home brand new is take it for a 55 mile run straight up the road. Since then it has been ridden hard through all kinds of rough, rocky, rutted land. through waste deep mud, WAY overloaded with wood, rocks, sand, and people..... So far its been great, only a couple small issues and the dreaded YES warranty took care of them, no problem

Checked my clutches and belt two weeks ago, everything looks brand new, probly change the belt around 3000, My grizzly 660 had 4500 on it and the original belt still worked great. I Change the oil every 300-600 miles, depending on riding conditions, amsoil 20-50 for summer with a pulolator filter... Runs better than brand new....
I

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just a about 10 more miles to go and I'll be at 8000 off-road desert miles. Broke a CVT belt at 6500 miles and new sheave at 7700 miles. Still runs like a champ.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Hard to rack up miles in texas, no open land like many other states

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 35 of 35 Posts