Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While riding my 2007 660 Saturday at about 40-45mph down the road it suddenly lost a lot of power and blew white smoke out the exhaust. When I finally came to a stop it died and wouldn't restart. There was also some white smoke coming out the intake to my air box. It will crank and occasionally backfire now but won't start at all. Changed the plug thinking it may not be getting fire but that didn't help. Any ideas on what may be wrong?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
white smoke is oil burning, im guessing your piston rings, which would also cause loss of power if ur rings r gone or broken

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
white smoke is oil burning, im guessing your piston rings, which would also cause loss of power if ur rings r gone or broken
Umm, I have always thought blue smoke was oil burning and white exhaust smoke was usually water related. White "smoke" coming out of the intake is most likely unburned fuel vapor. Might be a valve issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I rode it all day with no issues and did hear the fan coming on quite a bit especially when I was sitting still idling but it was near 90 outside. Never did have any temp lights or anything come on though

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
guess i need to stop trying to awnser technical quesions when i wake up. sorry bout that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts