Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

Which Odyssey Battery?

9K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  erniejoe1 
#1 ·
Hoping some of you can shed light on the Odyssey battery models....which ones to use in the Rhino factory battery box?....thought it was going to be a simple pc925 order!...

Which models are you guys using now?....

Which ones not to use?....

pc925
pc925-A
pc925-L
pc925-T
pc925-LMJ
pc925-LMJ-A
pc925-MJ
pc925-MJT

All I'm sure of is the MJ means metal jacketed, and no need to use it in the Rhino box, so that would leave the first 4 on the list I guess....Thanx!........Lance

#6 ·
Mine runs around 14v. So even when it's "low" it's still over 12v. I like that. Good power in these for sure.

#8 ·
Dean that simply means that your total electrical load is not more than the output of your charging system...what ever that is for a rotax and whatever else you may have like an alternator add on or whatever...

Anytime your digital volmeter drops below around 12.7 the load is more than the charging system can maintain...

Ben is spot on... the amp hours rating, cold cranking amps, and longevity combined are what make it so good...

Takes a long time to re-coup your investment tho...they are NOT cheap...quality and performance never is...

#7 ·
Odyssey batteries have both the high cranking power and the deep cycle abilities in one battery, unlike most other batteries. They will take the abuse of being bounced around better than a regular battery, and have a much longer shelf life while holding a charge. Ive had great luck with this battery in both my 4 seater and my R1 race rhino.

#9 ·
Thanx for all the info here....a steep learning curve for me since my experience ends with the Optima gel batteries, which also seemed to have gone downhill in quality for me in last 8 years or so ....

sent by my Droid I that "can't recognize the SD card anymore "

#11 ·
#12 ·
If your going to put one in your stock battery location and want to terminals to be in the correct location than you want just the basic PC925. Some of the other PC925's have a metal jacket, reversed terminals etc... which could be the difference in measurements.
If your local in Phx. I could get u one cheaper. Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.