Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decidedi want to run 2 4" hid on the pillars that come down from the roll cage, now question is do I go with 2 spots, 2 floods or one of each? I have stock 35 w replacement hids also and I will be running one 7" spot also. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the light bars but don't think I would have the clearance required to get the rhino in the toy hauler, even the foldable ones I've looked at online seemed like the stuck up a little past the cage

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
If you already have HID conversions in the stock lights, I would do Euro/Driving Pattern on the A pillar. I really like the A pillar lights, but be aware, if you have a light colored hood/dash, it can create a lot of glare.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Yes, the housings are very similar if not identical, with the exception of the red ring. I believe some of the rears where it says "HID" are smaller on some where the ones we have are a little wider. It doesn't really make a difference unless you're looking at it from the back..

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Any recommendations between the Rigid dually and the dually D2 and does anyone make an a-pillar mount that puts the light more towards the inside of the cage rather than the outside?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Any recommendations between the Rigid dually and the dually D2 and does anyone make an a-pillar mount that puts the light more towards the inside of the cage rather than the outside?
The D2 puts out twice as many lumens as the dually. So obviously its better, although higher priced. I have not seen a bolt on a pillar mount like you described, but its a pretty good idea.

FYI, the D2s light output is pretty close to a low end HID, and it only draws 28 watts.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I'd recommend the D2 in a driving pattern over the regular duallys, if you're going to put them on the A-pillar at least. if they're going down low, you'd probably be good with a pair of flood duallys.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Thanks guys, I think the D2's with the driving pattern on the a-pillar are the way to go, already have a 10" rigid in the front bumper.

Now just need to get Axia or someone else to make an a-pillar mount to keep them inside the cage for protection.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.