Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A 660 RHINO AND WANT MORE POWER AND WANTING TO DO A BIG BORE,, BUT NOT SURE IF I WANT TO DO THE 686 KIT OR 727,, WILL I BE HAPPY WITH THE 686 KIT DOES IT REALLY GIVE YOU THAT MUCH MORE POWER ,, FEED BACK PLEASE:hitit:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I did both and struggled forever with the 727. Never could get it to work. Always was blowing head gaskets. Finally did the benchmark 693. Bets pump gas option in my opinion. It's a custom designed piston, not available from anyone else.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have the 727 and have had no problems, but I did use 3/8 bolts for headbolts, I have some 1000kms on it now with various kinds of driving...............

·
Registered
301 Posts
Still going 3rd Season

I have a 720 low compression (see profile) seems to outperform most hi compression 686s. I run pump gas and have my clutches set up to run the dunes in the 5-7000 RPM range. Most the 686's are doing 5500 to 7500 RPM with the Orange spring. I usually pull higher than they do on the hills, most the times getting over the top without a passenger. I beleive it has a little more Torque. Depends on your type of runs too. Hi speed desert, you might get by with the 686, big cam and hi RPMs. My 2 bits. What ever you do, get it dyno'd for the correct fuel mixture. Don't guess, it will probably be too lean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.