Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've searched and googled trailer supply, shell etc...But i would like a full list as of 2012 season?
Trailer supplies closes at 5pm and will stay open to 530 if you call ahead...
Shell station i can only google one in brawley and can't get a time they close....
Where are the places en route to glamis that offer water or deliver to site...? Sorry new to having a trailer so gotta ask...

·
Registered
148 Posts
so i'm guessing you're traveling from say Palm Springs towards Glamis?
What I usually do is take the 111(highway on east side of Salton Sea) and about 8 miles before I get into Brawley there is a Rest Area (+33° 4' 57.41", -115° 31' 17.00). There I fill up with fresh water for the weekend and on the way back I also dump my waste there. Usually there aren't many people there since most people take the 78/86. As for trailer supplies, I would buy local if possible, if not, there is a hardware store to the south when going through Brawley that sells supplies, although not sure what time they close or the name of the place. It's a big aluminum building though, pretty hard to miss and they have a big banner that says "Glamis Permits Sold Here"

Hope this helps

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Glamis Dune Storage across the street from the Beach Store has water for $.50 a gallon. You can dump there too for $40.

Google Sand Demons as well. They will deliver water to your site and dump for you also.

·
Banned
401 Posts
Wow $40 to dump and 50c a gallon free to dump up here and donation for water

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Wow $40 to dump and 50c a gallon free to dump up here and donation for water
There are several places to get free water and dump here as well. Depending on how far you you are traveling, I think it is worth it to pay for the water and dump in Glamis rather than hauling the extra weight each way. Glamis is also in a remote area of the desert where they have to have their water hauled in and waste hauled out 25 miles away.

For those who pay monthly to keep their Trailer at Glamis Dune Storage like myself, water and dump is free.:banana:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RHINONUT and SC20 thank you guys,
So Storage what are there hours to fill and dump?
The rest area sounds like a winner but your right i usally travel 86....not sure why...?
Trailer supply allows you to fill up and give them donations for water/dump service in glamis but i would rather fill at glamis then brawley...

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
I get free water at the rest area across from Buttercup on I8
You pass the Ogilby Road turn off to get water and then go back to Glamis or are you talking about when you go to Buttercup or Gordon's Well???

RHINONUT and SC20 thank you guys,
So Storage what are there hours to fill and dump?
The rest area sounds like a winner but your right i usally travel 86....not sure why...?
Trailer supply allows you to fill up and give them donations for water/dump service in glamis but i would rather fill at glamis then brawley...
They are open 24/7 I believe. You can only get gas and propane during daylight hours though.

·
Site Founder
7,894 Posts
I get free water at the rest area across from Buttercup on I8
You pass the Ogilby Road turn off to get water and then go back to Glamis or are you talking about when you go to Buttercup or Gordon's Well???
Yup! Its only 2 miles or so. It just sucks when the border patrol crew that hangs out on the Ogilby bridge see me do this. They almost always pull me over once I get back onto Ogilby and search me.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I fill up before I leave, and dump when I get home.

·
Registered
395 Posts
/\ X2X I'm Kinda picky where i get my water...I run a water and wastewater plant

·
Registered
395 Posts
ok I had that coming....my father inn law every time we would take his trailer to the ocean to dig razor clams....he would never hook up to the water...i asked why the first time...he said "it smells clammy"....at the sewer plant the water that is treated and headed to the river...we have pumps that pump it into all our hoses and stuff for washdown....reuse water....down south in cali and az they use that for drinking water...it goes round and round...i wont drink anything thats been through a kidny?...

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
It was funny for those who understand water and how we get it. However, an RP will only prevent cross contamination. If you are already getting poo-water from the source to your hose, an RP will do no good. It will only prevent poo-water from getting into the hose water...lol...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yes i had to cut my story short this morning cuz i had to work....home on lunch....But like at my work...sewer plant out front on the street is a rv dump....there is also a hose...is it non potable?...or potable...it is PUD drinking water..."potable"...not every one know's this or under stands this or even reads this....if it was reuse water?...cleaned from the sewer?...ok it is drinkable....but ive seen it a hundred times...they take the drinking water hose and shove it up the sewer pipe toward the holding tank to rinse?....or what was the last person doing that touched the hose last?...or no hose so you use your own?...what was the last person that touched the hose bib?...and some will say i dont drink the water in my trailer...just shower...or washing hands..or flushing toilet?...i'm not showering in someone elses clear urine?.....like i said...i like to know were my water comes from...see ya!

·
Administrator
2,253 Posts
It was funny for those who understand water and how we get it. However, an RP will only prevent cross contamination. If you are already getting poo-water from the source to your hose, an RP will do no good. It will only prevent poo-water from getting into the hose water...lol...
:fingersx::fingersx:...My funny visualization was Ralph working with fresh water with one hand and black water with his other hand at the same time, thus a "human piped" cross-connection and needing protection......I was going to suggest the best there is, an air gap, but was afraid he would misunderstand me and fly me the bird!....lol.....Lance

·
Registered
395 Posts
the old guy i worked with and is now retired thank god...would sometimes have one hand in the poo and the other in...well more poo!....now talk about contamination...we called him...The dirty man!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts