Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than BRP who else makes a harness bar for the 07?

I have two requirements. It needs to have the wrinkle coating like the factory cage. Needs to have a built in flag mount.

Just trying to see if anyone else makes them with these options other than BRP. Found one on good ole ebay but it was powder coated instead of wrinkle finish.

Any advertisers here offer anything like that?

Buck

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I haven't seen anyone else make them besides BRP. You could always have someone fabricate a custom one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no issue getting one from BRP if I have to. Just want to make sure I've explored all my options if there are any. Didn't know if there was another name out there I wasn't finding in my searches or not?

Thanks...

Buck

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Southbay,

I think you may have touched on the main reason I asked the question. I've been doing A LOT of research and reading in the last week or so about different companies. I haven't quite put my finger on it yet, but for some reason I keep getting a funny feeling about BRP in general. Nothin in particular comes to mind. Kind of like your post, just a hint of something but no real reason.

Any other thoughts.....

Buck

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't intend to purchase one before then. I just need one in my hands by March 14th. We are leaving for Little Sahara the day after that. I can certainly wait until then.

Drop me a line when it's ready as I will forget.

Buck

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got one off E-Bay,$110.00 + shipping.Comes in black or silver.Looks tobe a real nice one.
I saw some on ebay. The ones I saw came in black or silver too. The black was powder coated and not the new wrinkle finish though.

Do you know if the ones you saw had the wrinkle finish?

Buck

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw some on ebay. The ones I saw came in black or silver too. The black was powder coated and not the new wrinkle finish though.

Do you know if the ones you saw had the wrinkle finish?

Buck
I ordered the metalic silver should be here in a few days. Will let you know.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Southbay,

I think you may have touched on the main reason I asked the question. I've been doing A LOT of research and reading in the last week or so about different companies. I haven't quite put my finger on it yet, but for some reason I keep getting a funny feeling about BRP in general. Nothin in particular comes to mind. Kind of like your post, just a hint of something but no real reason.

Any other thoughts.....

Buck
I buy from just about everyone...who ever is having the best deal at the time, including BRP. I've never had a problem, they have been very helpful. They are not necessarily my first choice, but because for the most part they have higher prices.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I buy from just about everyone...who ever is having the best deal at the time, including BRP. I've never had a problem, they have been very helpful. They are not necessarily my first choice, but because for the most part they have higher prices.

I think the pricing issue may be what most people have commented on from what I've seen.

They do look like they have a nice product though.

Buck

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Southbay,

Any other thoughts.....

Buck
There is nothing wrong with BRP ...... Just buy it from them and be done with it ..... I dont think you will find it much cheaper somewhere else ..... It is not an item that can be shopped around ..... shocks, cages, lt kits, lights etc... could be shopped around but not this.....

There are a few people that have a few negatives to say about BRP .... is is mainly just "sour grapes" .... it has to do with their Forum .... not their company ..... I think if you give BRP a chance and get it from them you will be happy ......

Good Luck.....

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
......I have two requirements. It needs to have the wrinkle coating like the factory cage. Needs to have a built in flag mount........
The wrinkle paint may be a difficult one. Back in the (really) old days, electronic equipment was painted with this special paint, having an additive that would cause that texture. We were able to buy rattle cans to get the look, and it was pretty tough stuff. I wouldn't be surprised that you can still find it. I've seen it in the stores as a 'toolbox' paint. I sort of doubt that this texture can be gotten with a powder coat (being a melted layer of plastic), but I could easily be wrong on this. Your best bet might be to scuff the original paint with a scotchbrite pad and paint over the same color base coat.

I believe that the BRP offering has that flag mount built into it.

One thing to watch for; the roll cage design changed with the '07 model, so if you have the newest Rhino, you will have to make sure that the crossbar is compatible.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
BRP has the harness for the 07 model .... I believe it is textured also but I am not positive ..... give them a call ......

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BRP has the harness for the 07 model .... I believe it is textured also but I am not positive ..... give them a call ......
That's what I was talking about in my first post on this thread. I was looking for other options just in case something else was out there that I wasn't aware of.

Thanks,

Buck

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
........I was looking for other options just in case something else was out there that I wasn't aware of..........
Sounds like you're scared off by some of the recent postings. Talk to BRP, and make your own decision as to their credibility. They are aware of what has been said on the board, and if there is a real problem I'm sure that they are working on it. Post a message on this, or any other board, if you are not happy about the outcome.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts