Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

Where is your favorite place to camp at the dunes?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Ogilby....the south dunes are amazing....and Ogilby is my absolute favorite place to be.....not a SINGLE icecream truck ANYWHERE!!!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
where I camp is a secret spot that you can access in and out with no lines, no noise and no dust. have to have 4 wheel drive to get to it. a Few people here know where it is, but hopefully they won't tell.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I like to camp wherever there is a spot available when I roll in from a long friday night of driving, and I get there saturday morning at 2:30AM. Preferably Gecko around pad 3'ish

·
Captain Zoom Sand Pirate
3,421 Posts
:hump: +1

It seems to be home to the older folks that still like to dune......... I
I call it the Sun City of the Dunes....Dont go there it is awful :D , it gets quiet at night...no trains....

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Yea, no offesne, but Ogilby sucks unless you like it dead quiet and like to be a ways from the dunes. I personally like the train coming by. Long ride to watch Sand drags too. I ride dirt bikes as well and the duning on that side doesn't compare to Glamis. I always camp in Sand Wash 10 right next to the dunes. Usually get there on Wed though so finding and marking my claim is easy. There is a reason they call it the Sand Toy Capitol of the World!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Gordons on the west side of the Canal... Ogilby... Nogilby. that's too far away.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
West side! That's where people go so they don't have to pay

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yea, no offesne, but Ogilby sucks unless you like it dead quiet and like to be a ways from the dunes. I personally like the train coming by. Long ride to watch Sand drags too. I ride dirt bikes as well and the duning on that side doesn't compare to Glamis. I always camp in Sand Wash 10 right next to the dunes. Usually get there on Wed though so finding and marking my claim is easy. There is a reason they call it the Sand Toy Capitol of the World!

There is no better place!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts