Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm working on greasing all of the needed areas on my 06 660. To test bearings, I jacked up the front end in neutral. The front passenger side spins no problem. The driver's side has some slight hesitation, almost like it is in gear but still does turn pretty easy. Does not seem to be a bearing problem.

Trying to figure out if this is normal. I know these machines have engine breaking, would that be the cause?

Thanks, feedback appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
I was told years ago this is normal all front drivers side do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response!

That video does not seem to have any audio. I can hear other videos on youtube fine but this one has no sound output.

I was guessing my "issue" was normal, but would be great to make sure its the same sound you experienced Brian.

The noise mine makes is almost the sound that it would make if the rhino is in gear, you can hear the "thud" sounds all the way down the driveshaft.

Again, probably just being overly cautious. But would prefer not getting stuck 40 miles away from pavement :)

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Text me 325-201-2700 and ill text that vid it does have sound. Is ur volume all the way up?
When i play the link on my phone it has sound

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same machine that I just purchased and found the same results. I was also wondering if this was normal. Quick easy answer to find out it seems to be the norm. Cheers

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Like I've said before these aren't $50,000 jeeps. My brother bought a 07 660 and on the 1st trip out he'd hear all kinds of noises, I had a hard time conviencing him it's normal until I offered to trade him and give him some cash....LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brian,

So sorry for the delay in response! Christmas happened and got super busy the last week.

I tried your video again on my phone, worked great. Could hear the audio, and yes that is exactly what I was talking about. You have answered my question.

Weird that youtube audio worked on my pc, just not your video. Oh well. Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Cool, lots have asked that question including me when i was new to the rhino

1 - 9 of 9 Posts