Which Are right for me?
Front and rear or just rear?
What size?
manufacturer?
Thoughts......

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
You can get them from any of the site supporters.

You want 2" on the rear and 1" on the front. That is the optimal set up.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I would absolutely get a full body spacer....

The lug spacers are for golf carts.... not a Rhino. Just my 2 cents.

·
Vendor
3,516 Posts
tit for tat

We have sold hundreds of sets with only one issue with steel wheels, I have totally beat them to death and like the other hundreds of sets no issues.

I think they are much stronger and you don't even have to tighten them if you don't want to, they won't come off if you tighten the wheel lugs. I don't recommend this but I am just saying as long as they are tight to wheel they can't come unscrewed from hub.

These spacers are out of the box and people just seem to shy away because it is not what they are used to.

If you know anything about me or Hunterworks, you know we would not sell it if it was not good or we had any issues with them.

Todd

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
tit for tat

We have sold hundreds of sets with only one issue with steel wheels, I have totally beat them to death and like the other hundreds of sets no issues.

I think they are much stronger and you don't even have to tighten them if you don't want to, they won't come off if you tighten the wheel lugs. I don't recommend this but I am just saying as long as they are tight to wheel they can't come unscrewed from hub.

These spacers are out of the box and people just seem to shy away because it is not what they are used to.

If you know anything about me or Hunterworks, you know we would not sell it if it was not good or we had any issues with them.

Todd
Todd - Leave it alone. to each there own. I have never seen yours, I have the solid 1" 3/4 with no problems on the rear only. I used to have them on the front as well but took them off. The reason I took them off was for the type of riding that I do. ( Tight Trails ) Now if I was riding open area's I would put them back on. As far as lugs coming unscrewed using the solid spacers I have had no Issues with mine what so ever. I have over 500 miles with them on and had no issues. This is just my findings.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I agree... whatever works for you. I just dont trust the lug nut style spacers. It would not be good if one broke at higher speed. I just feel better with the full spacer. Just my 2 cents. I have never known anybody that used the lug spacers before. They seem kind of cheap and cheesey IMO.

·
Vendor
3,516 Posts
If you saw a set or used a set I think you would change your mind. Those 100 plus customers of mine who have bought them have had no issues.

We don't recommend them with stock steel wheels though.

I would not sell them if they were no good.

To be honest with you, I can't even remember why I started selling them. I think I bought a set of regular wheel spacers from High Lifter and could not install them without grinding a socket down to tighten the nuts. Then I was looking on the net for spring spacers and ran across CRJ Performance and tried them and liked them. I like stuff that is out of the box then started selling them and as I said earlier have only one issue with steel wheels and no other issue. I am not sure if it was the spacer on the steel wheel or not but don't recommend them anymore.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
If you saw a set or used a set I think you would change your mind. Those 100 plus customers of mine who have bought them have had no issues.

We don't recommend them with stock steel wheels though.

I would not sell them if they were no good.

To be honest with you, I can't even remember why I started selling them. I think I bought a set of regular wheel spacers from High Lifter and could not install them without grinding a socket down to tighten the nuts. Then I was looking on the net for spring spacers and ran across CRJ Performance and tried them and liked them. I like stuff that is out of the box then started selling them and as I said earlier have only one issue with steel wheels and no other issue. I am not sure if it was the spacer on the steel wheel or not but don't recommend them anymore.
Todd - Could you post a picture of the type you use or link.I have never heard of this type or seen them. Also the spacer I have there was no problem getting a socket in to tighten it. Maybe you used a different brand than me.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I use 1 1/2 spacers on the front only is this not good? As some only run them on the rear. It seems to stablize the thing well and thats why I did it on the front kind of like an offroad race truck?

·
Banned
9,567 Posts
The problem I see with spacers like that is the factory studs are having the weight of the machine hung on them. When you use a full circular spacer the weight is spread across the face of the hub and shared by the lugs. Think about it, the face of each of those little lug stud extenders is say 3/4 of an inch around versus a full spacer that spreads the load across the entire surface area of the factory hub.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have the ones from Hunterworks. They work great, the only way I see these things failing is if A. I caught some huge air and landed on them, which I don't jump, or B. if all four lugs broke off the hub.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts