Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an '06 660 and I found the Rhinogiant rear seat, belts and cage for cheap so I bought it. I created my own seat mount out of 3/16 sheet metal and bolted it to a solid .75" thick x 1.50" wide steel that I welded to the frame. Now that I am going to carry passengers in the back I would like to widen the unit using 2.00" wheel spacers on each side of the unit to make it 4.00" wider overall. How does widening the unit affect handling, bushing, bearing and other suspension components on these units? I have never owned and ATV or UTV so I don't have any experience with how a change like this might effect the components of the machine.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Way back the dealer did a recall involving - removing the rear sway bar, adding small half doors and adding 2" spacers on rear wheels.

You will like the extra stability and shouldnt hurt anything

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
The bearings will wear out quicker but cheap enough to not be a concern. The stock shocks on the other hand if not the factory resi are horrible to begin with so it will squat in the rear and won’t handle well but still loads of fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
If your gong 4 seater then shocks are a must.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts