Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new here and just bought a 2008 Rhino 700SE. Primary use will be plowing my Michigan driveway which is about 400 feet long and a 10,000 square foot parking area by my shop. Some of the driveway is paved, some gravel. Most of the area around my shop is dirt/grass. I also plow various neighbors, friends and relatives. Up until now I have been plowing with a 2005 Yamaha Kodiak 400 with a Moose 60" plow, works pretty good.
The Rhino came equipped with a Warn RT40 winch, otherwise completely stock.
I need a plow. Following a week or so of web surfing it looks like I am down to these two:
Promark Eagle 72" front mount conventional blade or Motoallaince 72" front mount county design blade.
I would sure like to hear from any experienced folks on making this selection. The county blade looks real good but I want to make sure that its weight does not make the steering too heavy or that the winch will be working too hard. Please comment on any of this, Thanks!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I have a moose 72 and love it. I change to a short nylon strap for snow season.... Just buy what you like or find a good deal on.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I have the 72" American Eagle plow and I like it ! My drive way is over 900 foot long. Just my two cents worth. It costs around $550.00

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Ya mine is about 300 ft and i plow 6 more around me 3 others that are longer. I have $310 in my set up found it on craigs list.... Was all brand new tho.. Just watch alot or just buy what you want!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a 72" Cycle Country plow and Winch on my machine... My Drive is 500'.. First year for the Rhino. Last year I plowed it with a Golf Cart!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have a Moose 60" Plow and it works great. One note though, if you buy the Multi-Mount winch kit, you'll have to modify your attachment point on the plow or you'll be snapping winch cables all day long. The Multi-Mount winch sits farther forward than the standard winch that mounts behind the front frame of the bumper so it sits the winch right over the top of the plow and with the weight of the plow on the cable and about a 90 degree straight down pull it snaps the winch cable after about 6 lifts.

I would look at a quick attach mount system for the plow as I have quickly grown to hate the push tube style where you have to crawl under the machine to install the pins. Its ok when its nice and warm outside and the ground is dry or if you have a nice warm shop but when you have to crawl around in snow its not fun.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have the 66'' Moose RM3 set up using a blue syn. cable, my sign shop & driveway is 300'x550' 3rd. year on this set up with no problems, dealer said use low gear on the wet heavy stuff, easier on the clutch,, shop around & get a deal on whats best for you. Happy plowing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts