Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking into putting some outlaws on my rhino. I am still on the stock suspension and was wondering what is the largest size you can go without rubbing or being too much tire.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks strummer! How do they do? I also have a rincon with outlaws and love em. Do you think there is more room for width/height or looking at yours is 27x 9.5 and 11 enough?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Awesome thanks strummer! How do they do? I also have a rincon with outlaws and love em. Do you think there is more room for width/height or looking at yours is 27x 9.5 and 11 enough?
Out wheeling I ran into a guy running 30" ITP Mudlites on an 08. Said they only rubbed when he articulated over larger obsticals. I personally would start to worry about my axles running that big & heavy of a tire.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I agree. I ran into issues on the Rincon running 28" and had to replace the rear axles. I will probably stick to the 27" those are good tires and really pull through some deep stuff. Thanks Rhino.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I didn't want to go any bigger on the front, To me I think it makes it to hard to turn with anything larger then 9 wide on front. So far I'm loving the tires and the size . But with the large and heavier tires ya will need to do some clutch work to turn them good. Im new to the rhino only had it a month and a half . Im sure some other guys will chime in that know more bout them then I do

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have 27's on an '08 700 w/o any rubbing or axle problems.

28's will fit on an '08 700 BUT there will be some front rubbing so what most guys here do is add a yellow highlifter spring set to the front. Raises and stiffens the front ever so slightly so no rubbing occurs.

Anything larger and you will need to trim plastic, lift, or some combination.

Never had an axle/cv problem. Regular maintaince and easy on throttle and even in the swamps with lots of roots to hook w/ aggressive tires we have been fine. Now if I wanted to break axles just play heavy on the trottle and hook a spining tire on a root/rock or other un movable object and expect an immediate snap as the tire/rim combo is a lot of rolling mass to immediately stop.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just spoke with highlifter and the recommended size for a stock 700 is the 27 x 9.5 x 12 and 27 X 11 X 12.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
don't know on the rhinos but on my rincon you get a decent chop on them. I would not run them on hard pack primarily though it will really eat up the paddles. I would go something like a midlife for a 5050 combo like that if you are barely on hardpack then I would use the outlaws

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.