Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and did a search but could't find what I'm looking for. I'm trying to deciede what Rhino I should buy and am getting different stories mainly based on what Rhino owner I'm talking to.
I understand the 440 won't have the top end speed but it's good on gas and usually cheaper, what other pros and cons are there?
The 660 is faster, eats more gas but what are it's pros and cons?
The 700, I was told they go through computers is that true? other Pros and Cons?
Thanks so much for any feed back and if this question is already out there could you give me a link.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
IMO don't get a 450. 660's are usually cheaper and tuned they run really good. the 700's have some nice upgrades over 660 like 4 wheel disc, middle drive gear, EFI, and intake. but none of that is a deal breaker for me. I love my 660.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
x2+1

Get a sport model or one with good aftermarket shocks...all rhinos with base model shocks SUCK for suspension...the rears buck like hell in whoops and/or bottom out too easy take your pick...you can have both but not neither...the fronts don't react well to sharp hits...

The carb'd models are cheaper and easier and you can find them with anything and everything you want...

The only reason I would rule out a 660 is if you want to put a turbo on it...you really wasting your time putting a turbo on a carb'd rhino...

Other than that if you prefer efi to carb then get it...efi is way overrated imo but has it's advantages w/o a doubt...

I would look for a good deal on I nice one with all the stuff I like...the one who buys all the suspension, wheels, tires, motor etc new passes it on at a fraction of the cost new...

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
All are good units. Depends on what you want really.... If it was me i would get one with a rotax swap already done!! Then no more messin with. Great motor + great car = LOTS OF FUN!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the Rotax Swap

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'm leaning towards a 700, I like the idea of an easy start in the winter (I live in Utah) What is the Rotax Swap that was mentioned.
Thanks again,

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Swapping in a Rotax 800 from a Can-Am Quad. Popular swap because of the great torque of the v-twin, plus theres a bolt in kit available. Keeps 4wd and reverse, unlike most other swaps people do.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
660 starts just as easy if not easier...if you have it set up right... which is relatively cheap and easy with our fuel and jet kits...

But if you like efi get efi by all means you should get what you like...!

The rotax swap is when you put a can-am outlander or renegage 800cc, efi, v-twin, cvt driven motor in a rhino...they are very cool....

You can read about them in the engine swap section of this forum...

You can also read about them in the vendor section in Rotax Your Rhino section...of this forum...

You can probably find one for sale in the rhinos for sale section of this forum...

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
EFI models are alot quieter inside the cab, too.
True...

However it is extremely easy to make the 660 much quieter in cab and make more power at same time...

IMO it all boils down to price and availability and whether you just like efi over carb or not...

It's also easier to get a 700 with lower miles...

Another advantage of the 700 is a sheave mod will get you to 50 w/o an ecu change at the factory rev limiter...

On a 660 you would need the MSD ($105 shipped from us) or an aftermarket cdi to get past 40 mph...even with the sheave...

No matter how you shake it tho the 660 is cheaper and easier... and I would go for a good deal on either one with a good suspension, wheels and tires, 5pt harness and more already done for me for cheap...!

·
Registered
356 Posts
700, easy start, and good mods. base model will be good for a newbie but if you find a sport for a good price, grab it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts