Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they have the 700 out for 2012 and the RUMOUR of the 950 Vtwin 4 seater but that's an old video.

I have a 2006 and once the rebuild is done, I may sell for a newer one and don't want to get something else and then yamaha comes out with a kick ass RHINO 2.0.

Other than the 4 seater 950VTWIN video, is there any other rumours?

I search but keep getting that same video over and over again.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
nope

yamaha is done,stop stirring the pot...lol...........the japanese aren't producing a performance sxs for years,not until you sue happy americans drop your frivilous lawsuits......the japs are old school and very afraid of the american lawyers,honda,yamaha,kawi,suzuki,toyota etc, they are old school companies that stick together and have gentlemens agreements requarding certain products limitations behind closed doors, so don't get your hopes up folks.........if u want something faster you have to build it yourself or buy a POO-Laris or wildcat, but get ready to fight with your local dealer for a while to get it to stay together..........

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Camshaw what do you know....

Yam is set release a new SxS in both 2 and 4 seater. They will offer a "mid" travel for the tight woods and a long travel version for the desert/dune guys.

They are at about 130hp right now and testing to ensure it stays a true Yam machine and is reliable.

If you go on google earth and look at "Yamaha test facility" in japan you can see them testing it.

:D

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
ha

all BS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...........my buddy is japanese and flies back and forth to japan monthly for yamaha, it aint happening folks.........I sub contract to Yamaha on special projects once and a while and they say they are done.........sorry, done.........no more go fast sxs's for yamaha..........you know how that damn banshee was not changed for a million years and they kept making it, well thats gunna be the rhino folks,no big changes for years to come, you know they have had record sales on the rhino for the last few years........sold out every year, and its all to the farmers,not the duners, the hunters and farmers buy the rhino, it aint changing.......

·
Registered
20 Posts
all BS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...........my buddy is japanese and flies back and forth to japan monthly for yamaha, it aint happening folks.........I sub contract to Yamaha on special projects once and a while and they say they are done.........sorry, done.........no more go fast sxs's for yamaha..........you know how that damn banshee was not changed for a million years and they kept making it, well thats gunna be the rhino folks,no big changes for years to come, you know they have had record sales on the rhino for the last few years........sold out every year, and its all to the farmers,not the duners, the hunters and farmers buy the rhino, it aint changing.......
well this sucks I went to a local shop here and asked if they could locate me a apex motor so I can get a swap done. He told me to wait because yamaha was suppose to bring something out in california at some dealer show in january.so I guess I am a month behind now on my swap.I just dont understand why someone like that would lie I mean if he couldnt find me a used engine I was gonna see if he would get me a new one.now if hes full of bs I will take my money somewhere else

·
Registered
561 Posts
Why not just wait til feb 1, then youll know!:13:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Know what the best thin Yamaha can do?

Keep selling the rock solid product that they are selling.

In stock form it's basically a sport Gator and it can very easily be modified to the moon and still be under the cost of a Commander or a RZR etc.

They may or may not be doing this intentionally, but it's kind of brilliant. Plus it's a cash cow. If they really are selling out, and their production line is running efficiently, it's a cash cow. Engineering costs have been paid off since.. oohh.. 2005, and for the 2007 refresh I'd bet those costs were paid off in 07.

At this point it's all free money.

And though SXSs aren't super popular in the north east like out West, the Rhino is more then enough in the woods.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
My bet is that Yamaha isn't done and will be back in a BIG way. I have no proof, this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
in Canada a 2012 800r Commander base model is much cheaper than a Rhino base model.

The commander 800 XT package is on par with base rhino. Never thought i'd see the day the rhino would be more expensive.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just look at last years Rhino and you can see the future. Maybe a new color and BOLD NEW GRAPHICS. We got tired of waiting and bought a 850 Polaris two up quad yesterday. The Le is very powerful and has lots of features.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Bold new graphics....lmao!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm not holding my breath.

I really expected to see a Rhino 550 in 2011 or for the 2012 model year but no dice. I don't know. The writing seems to be on the walls that no more R&D money is going into the Rhino chassis.

I'd like something new, something with better power and a bit better interior and a unlocking rear differential. I think that would be some nice improvements to the Rhino in both the fun department and in the handling department.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Due to the many complaints from dune riders, Yamaha is offering an engine swap to their 1049cc snowmobile engine for the 700 Rhino. Just a rumor I made up.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
My bet is that Yamaha isn't done and will be back in a BIG way. I have no proof, this is just my opinion.
Chris, Have you heard anything from the Honda camp? I sure would like to see a Honda sport sxs.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Chris, Have you heard anything from the Honda camp? I sure would like to see a Honda sport sxs.
Ya I find it hard to believe that both Yamaha and Honda are going to sit back and let polaris and arctic cat take over the sport sxs market.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts