Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
One of the members Scrmedic use the Wipe New Re-color system.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used Goo-Gone to clean it up. it got all of the crud of from it sitting out under trees. Then I started using the Wipe new on it. It is getting it back to the green, but it was so oxidized that I have run out and am having to order some more.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a link to the image on Craigs list. Even though you can
t see it in the picture, the hood was worse than the bed sides.

https://jackson.craigslist.org/snw/d/madison-2004-yamaha-rhino-660/6909375667.html

I will post some pictures of the after when I get through.

I sprayed the Goo-Gone on after spraying it down with the hose. Let the Goo set on it for a few minutes per the instructions. Then I used a cordless drill with a nylon brush to scrub it till all of the black crud came off from where he had had it sitting in the back yard under trees. After scrubbing it till all of the black crud was gone, wash it really well with soap and water. I used Tide. Don't use liquid soaps such as Dawn, they leave a film. Come back the next day and start with the Wipe New Color. My hood was so bad that it took 3 times. Don't do the Goo-Gone again after you start with the Wipe New. The Goo-Gone will take the Wipe New back out. Don't ask me how I know.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I hope it works good for you, yours looks a little more oxidized than mine was( could also just be the green). My only word of advice which is probably to late now, but take your time, I have streaks on my hood because I was in a hurry. I think mine still looks just about as good as the day I did it and it was almost 2 years ago I think. Good luck and don't forget the after pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
I hope it works good for you, yours looks a little more oxidized than mine was( could also just be the green). My only word of advice which is probably to late now, but take your time, I have streaks on my hood because I was in a hurry. I think mine still looks just about as good as the day I did it and it was almost 2 years ago I think. Good luck and don't forget the after pics.

That's impressive!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No mine was REALLY oxidized, to the point that is was almost white. I have done the hood twice and the bed sides once. The hood is looking almost like new. The bed is coming around. I am going to do the bed again and then I will post some pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts