Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember not too long ago this was a very active place - now not so much. I know at my age people just go in the woods with their Rhinos and die, but what happened to the rest of ya? I still don't see them in the market place so most of you, dead or alive, seem to be holding onto to them. Don't mind me - I'm just curious...

·
Administrator
2,264 Posts
Heya Mike...

This is 1 of the 2 foremost Rhino sites that were the chiz back in the day for us OG members as evidenced by the historic posts, build threads, etc. As the years progressed, probably 90% of riders have stepped up with more $$$ for factory new SxSs with more comforts, suspensions, horsepower, speed, heavier components, yaddayaddayadda. Plop $500 cash down and finance them for 3 years, then flop, roll, total them because of too much cents and not enough sense.

As far as the more recent year members, the Rhino is still an appealing platform for it's category of Utility/Sport, but the after-mart is following the other 90% to build their company coffers, as we all know. As this has left the Rhino and it's clones without much support, the good news is ~75% of these machines are still running and packing farmers' posts/cement, hay bales, used for hunting, fishing, giving a kiddo their first trail ride....all without needing much maintenance/repairs that our high $$$ sport machines today require.

So IMHO, the answer is you don't see many for sale because they are being used more for work than play....those working.them don't have time to chit-chat on forums.... The Rhino takes a licking, and keeps on ticking....just like Timex watches.

·
Registered
2005 660
97 Posts
It boils down to the heyday being overwith IMO.

Back when the Rhino was blazing the SxS market everyone was into it. Now it's pretty much an afterthought with all of today's options available.

I landed here because I happened into a 660 and needed to do some research. As far as I can tell this is still the best dedicated Rhino forum out there for no nonsense info and posting civility.

Thank you to the mods for keeping this place going!

·
Administrator
2,264 Posts
The other site that is not actively being used today is RhinoTalk.net . It was hot in the day also, but this was the main site used. It also is a great avenue for members to additionally research info not provided here.....both have same ownership.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Makes Perfect sense LBR - people, things, move on or age out. At 78 I still enjoy my trips to TN but admittedly my enthusiasm is beginning to wain. Long live the Rhino as it surely will outlive me..

·
Administrator
2,264 Posts
Funny you mentioned Castrol... I've used it in all my gas powered company vehicles, personal.vehicles, and off-road vehicles since the early 80's. The wifey unit and I have been, are now, and always will be diehard Force Racing fans since then!....Go Castrol!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I remember not too long ago this was a very active place - now not so much. I know at my age people just go in the woods with their Rhinos and die, but what happened to the rest of ya? I still don't see them in the market place so most of you, dead or alive, seem to be holding onto to them. Don't mind me - I'm just curious...
I'm here have idling problems on my 2012 700fi it was idling high for awhile then in fixed it self now it won't idle at all any information would be great

·
Registered
18 Posts
I come here to read whenever someone posts something. I have addressed most of the Rhino faults found from this website. The years of experience stored here is invaluable. Thank you all. I’m a new owner of a 2009 700 with low miles. After a little TLC and a spot weld here and there, this this is a tank. I mostly use it to tote tools through the woods.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts