Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering opening a UTV specific shop locally. My question is if i were in your town;

What parts/accessories would you like to see in stock?

Would you rather support a UTV specific shop for repairs or the dealer?

What are the major items that you replace/repair often?

Do you buy roll cages online or have a local 4x4 shop custom build it?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Seat harnesses. Wheels & tires. Local shop for cages cuz shipping is expensive cuz size. Lights. Engine power mods.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
clutch mods. and have CV boots in stock! they are cheap and what some people would need on a thurs night or fri night.

but I would suggest being honest, trying out parts so YOU can give honest reviews. I used to own a Motorcycle/ATV/UTV/Street shop and I'll tell you it's hard. there is seriously hardly any markup on products and alot people will bu online to avoid paying taxes. just a heads up. also with the economy it's even tougher (why I only do service on the side now). BUT service is the wayto make money. don't overcharge and they'll come back so you'll make more in the long run.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Wareable parts you know the usual stuff like rsrrhino said, & also good aftermarket parts too, would also be nice to have a mech. to do the installs if you don't have the time. Sure could use a shop like that up here in northern Mi. rather than bending over going to the yamaha dealer.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I don't mind going to my local dealer. I do most my own work, my Rhino is mostly custom. But when I go to the dealer, I already know they are going to order whatever I need. Not once have they had anything I needed in stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts