Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2009 700 Rhino since 2016. Love pushing my 1000-ft drive way with it. However my full sized windshield needs to be replaced (long story, don't ask). I've read a lot about the 1/2 size. Would that keep the snow out of my face? I also use the Rhino for hunting in the fall, so it would be nice to be able to see better over the half. Suggestions?

·
Registered
2009 Yamaha Rhino 700 Sport Edition
36 Posts
I've had my 2009 700 Rhino since 2016. Love pushing my 1000-ft drive way with it. However my full sized windshield needs to be replaced (long story, don't ask). I've read a lot about the 1/2 size. Would that keep the snow out of my face? I also use the Rhino for hunting in the fall, so it would be nice to be able to see better over the half. Suggestions?
I had a full windshield for a little while then decided to cut it in half. Problem I found was that in mud it got covered all the time and was hard to clean without scratching the crap out of it. I was only using a Plexiglass windshield. If you got a glass one it would probably be fine. The full windshield was awesome in snow and kept all the wind out of your face. The half windshield surprisingly works well at keeping wind out of your face still. The top of mine has a right angled lip that I'm guessing catches the wind and swirls it up to form a kind of a wall to keep wind from hitting you straight in the face.

·
Registered
2009 Yamaha Rhino 700 Sport Edition
36 Posts
Here's mine with my new half windshield. Still works good with mud now and like I had mentioned it works good for keeping wind out of your face surprisingly enough with that little 90 degree lip at the top.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
135 Posts
mine came with a folding windshield keeps the cold wind out of your face when pushing snow and with the heater running it aint bad in the cab .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts