Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I will keep this as short as possible if I can! My Rhino has 25" Mud Lite XL on it now, they leak around the bead on them. I guess when they were put on the rims (not by me and before I bought it) they tore the bead up and they won't seal now. Theres a lot of tread on them yet but it gets old airing them up before every ride... So I got thinking about putting tubes in them, but don't know if thats the best idea. Has anyone had luck with tubes in these tires? I have heard bad things about tubing atv tires.

So on to my next question, if you guys don't recommend putting tubes in, what tire should I look at to replace them? I ride trails 95% of the time. But When I get to mud I always try and go around, but if I can't I will try and go through it! Would you stick to Mud Lites? What other tire would you recommend? Thanks all for the help.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
I put on my own tires using a cheapo red HF tire changer. I had a leak like you described and I just put green slime in and it fixed the problem, maybe the same price as a tube, but slime won't get holes in it. I think Mud Lites are not a got choice for hard pack trail ridding. I run SunF A043 they work great. JMHO

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Could be as simple as breaking the bead and cleaning the dirt out between the tire and rim. Then air them back up! Use some Dishwash detergent on the tire to make it a little sticky!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would try Wingman's suggestion, if that doesn't work go with Rhino Rat's suggestion. I have had the same issue of leaky beads and the Green Slime tire seal solved the problem.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I was going to try the slim but didn't think it would work on a bead. I might give that a try and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts