Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting some paddle tires for the rear. What brand and size is everyone running?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,840 Posts
everyone and there mother is running skat trak and only skat- extremes 25x10x12 7 paddle for stock 8 paddle for modified motors,

dont let the dwt ''doonz'' paddle guys tell u different, !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,892 Posts
lol edwins rhino did good with the doonz...

but the skats are lighter and less paddle...helps the rhinos out.

Frank I though Mud Lites were the best for sand lmfao
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
What about a slightly modified motor in a 4 seater?
7 or 8 paddle?
And what are you guys running up front?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,840 Posts
u can play with psi in the paddles to get more wheel spin or more traction , less psi = more traction , higher psi gives u more wheel spin so if u do buy paddles that bite to much air them up ,

up front alot run buffs or the itp dual ribbed

the only reason i dont say doonz is there to much tire for a rhino, unless over 55hp, lol

also if u run doonz better make sure there on a 10'' wide wheel or ur side walls will blow out soon trust me, lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,892 Posts
go 7...

I'm running my stock fronts, but I drove some doonz fronts and I liked them alot. think I'll get those instead of buffs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
Depends on your finances & weight

A heavy Rhino needs floatation. I had Scats and loved them but they dig and throw lots of sand needlessly. I could climb China Wall, Lizard, Brawley slide when most Rhinos can't. However, the tire that floats the best, throws less sand, rides smoother and yes climbs as good or better than the Scats is the STU sand tires unlimited 26"s with the # 1 paddle.(SandBlasters) Stagger cut them if you have a mild engine and are a dunner.. Little 686's can climb Brawley Slide with these with stock suspension and a bed delete. It takes less HP to push a Rhino when you are floating with a LONG FOOT PRINT. It is not the width but the length of the foot print that floats you. The Dunes are not flexible like the Scats and Stu's. They dig in and not float. No body bitches about following a Side by Side with STU,s. If you have Scats, get in the back and do your friends a favor. However, because of the $$$ and the fact that most guys have never seen or tried the Sandblasters they favor their Scats. NO, I AM NOT A SALESMAN FROM FULLERTON TIRES. but I have been dunning for over 40 years and have had over 20 sets of paddle tires. Nothing is better on the market as of now. Front tires is another subject of various opinions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
972 Posts
I'm running the doonz , and I like them although I wouldn't know the difference from them and SKAT's l
LMAO. Don't mind me I wouldn't know the difference between them if they had no name on them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
I have tried them all it all depends what you want to do Race,cruise,dune with four?here a picture of 26 stu and 26 -7 paddles scat's ,25 are just to small but easy to spin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,591 Posts
u can play with psi in the paddles to get more wheel spin or more traction , less psi = more traction , higher psi gives u more wheel spin so if u do buy paddles that bite to much air them up ,

up front alot run buffs or the itp dual ribbed

the only reason i dont say doonz is there to much tire for a rhino, unless over 55hp, lol

also if u run doonz better make sure there on a 10'' wide wheel or ur side walls will blow out soon trust me, lol
Dont listen to this clown - he comes out to the dunes and doesn't even bring out anything to ride! LOL :fart:

He is right about the best and also recommended sand combo. 7 paddle stock and modified, could possible get away with an 8 paddle aired down and tuff buffs in the front!
The Doonz also do well but the difference between the both is the Doonz are formed and the skats - the paddles are added to basic buffs. Either of well do well in the sand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
965 Posts
Well, I just got my set of Skats and we’re going in two hours to "G" and I've never had paddles… My question is how well do they slide? I have ITP dual rib up front, anyone here running a similar set up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok thanks for all the input. I'm just gonna be running maxxis big horns up front. They're 25x10-12. So I'm assuming I have to run a 25" paddle right.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,795 Posts
sand tires

80% is driver ability and the other 20% is tire and horsepower, and most of these clowns like benzo don't really even know how to drive in the dunes!.........ha ha ha ...........
 
1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top