Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually just use 87 octane and have not had any issues. Is there any benefit to using 91 octane? Would I notice a difference?

·
Site Founder
7,894 Posts
run 91 just to be safe! especially if you have a cdi and advanced ignition timing. Octane ratings are basically a measurment of a fuels resistance to "knock" or pre-ignition. Higher octane fuels are safer for engine internals, but rarely make power unless you're running a higher compression ratio, or forced induction........

my 2 cents........

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe I'll try 91 next time I'm out. See if I notice anything. Do you guys think using 91 would be better for the engine in the long run?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Heres my 10 cents because my 2 cents is free 91/92 if you can get it. I run AV gas in my banshee and 91 in everything else, **** even in my generator. You probably won't notice any power improvements. 8)

·
Registered
10 Posts
octane

think all the lil manuals u get with toys say to run 91 shoot in cali 87 at 2.67
versus 91 at 2.87 if u run lets say 20 gallons for a weekend thats only 4 bux difference for better running gas and no chance of pinging or preignition. save money where it counts not buying BRP"s stuff LOL

·
Registered
62 Posts
octane

91 here all my bikes and toys get it, I run 110 in my YFZ450 I like the smell also. I was thinking about running it in the rhino probably just a waste of money. Not sure if the high octane would be hard on the motor. Also when I run the 110 I use leaded I here it lubricates better but not sure.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.