Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking a look at my tires and I see that I am running 27x11R14 all the way around. Is this ok? Should I go to a 27 x9 R14 for the front. The previous owner did this I am not sure what is correct.

Scott

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Saltydog runs 26x11R14's on all 4 corners no problems. Has no steering issues at all, plus they look good.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most definitely like how they look and they give me a little bit wider stance

Reactions: RHINO RAT

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am a bit concerned about the tire rubbing on the underside of the rhino. I can see where it has hit and worn through.

27's are ok I will be installing the LT kit soon and I want to put on new rubber. I dont run mud it will be trails and desert. Best tread pattern??

Saltydog runs 26x11R14's on all 4 corners no problems. Has no steering issues at all, plus they look good.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats a slug kit?

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
whats a slug kit?
Go to hunterworks website he sells them, you'll have to pull your wet clutch to install them, they make the clutch open faster with a more positive hookup, no slipping.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so much to learn!

·
Engineer
8,221 Posts
I used to run 9's on the front and 11's in the rear. Now I run 9's all the way around. They are lighter and much easier to turn and maneuver around obstacles with.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am a bit concerned I dont run mud
WHAT????????
WIMP!!!!!!
Wimp Really?!?!?!? hahaha now I know I belong!!!

We have mountains ,we have forest, we have the beach what we dont have are damn swamps!!
I am not dogging ya because you don't have REAL mountains in texas!!
But I could!!!

Nice Burn!! Happy Friday!!!

Scott

Reactions: RHINO RAT

·
Premium Member
3,141 Posts
I never liked mud, and now having an LT rhino i hate even seeing it. They can keep that in east Tx, i Still want to do more riding in the rhino before i decide what tires i want to put on it. Right now its 3different make of tires on it all with a bighorn type pattern all 26x9x12's thats what came on it when i bought it, but i feel i have dumped enough money in it for now but i like the kanati mongrel 10plys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
494 Posts
I am not dogging ya because you don't have REAL mountains in Texas!!
But I could!!!
There is a pretty good mountain at River Run Mud Park!!!
I don't like going up the smooth side because it messes up my Outlaws ....... and CAN'T go up the bad side, even if I wasn't skairt!
Somebody gets hurt on the mountain every run, and a guy got killed last run (Mudd Jam 8)
Nobody ever gets killed in the swamp .... just stuck and embarrassed.

OH, And I fixed your severe grammar error.

AND

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A grammer and geography lesson. Nice!I think it would be a lot of fun to do a mud run. The clean.up would be terrible.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,132 Posts
30" Mongrels are cool, so are many others. I have 26" terracross on the rhino, 28" bighorns on the....Canned Ham

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I settled on Sun 26x9-14 front and 26x11-14 rear. I also bought and installed a 2" lift kit

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
looks good!!!

Reactions: src92805

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am happy with the progress so far. Compared to how it looked when I got it.

·
Premium Member
3,141 Posts
Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts