Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so far our rhino tool kit includes a compressor (it has been used two times), wrenches, tire repair kit, extra fuel filter, zip ties, and electric volt meter. we put the stuff in a rubbermaid container that fits under the drivers seat.... we want to make sure we have the basics covered now that we are going on longer trail rides...What all do you have in your kit...

·
Registered
397 Posts
everything i can think of ,,i got one of those stanley ,plastic stackable with wheels and its packed ,,and i also have the compressor

·
Registered
167 Posts
so far our rhino tool kit includes a compressor (it has been used two times), wrenches, tire repair kit, extra fuel filter, zip ties, and electric volt meter. we put the stuff in a rubbermaid container that fits under the drivers seat.... we want to make sure we have the basics covered now that we are going on longer trail rides...What all do you have in your kit...
Slime air compressor & tire repair kit under dash in front of console cup holders, under drivers seat a: (Sportmans Guide sourced first aid kit, 12' 5000#ATV tow strap ,winch pulley block and shackle), 80' 5/16" braided nylon line, billet aluminum trailer hitch with 2" stainless ball, assorted zip ties ,roll duct tape , pair needle nose vice grips, multi-tip screwdriver , battery jumper cables, bungee nets for hood and roof racks, LED shake flashlight.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have everything you listed plus a small bottle jack (i carry a spare on some rides), and jumper cables. I just recently ordered an extra fuel pump too. A while back my bro-in-laws fuel pump went out and there was no starting the rhino. Luckily it was at his house but it would have sucked if we were on a ride.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Oh yeah, almost forgot. I carry extra fuses, a couple flares for starting fires with wet wood and a bunch of those .99 cent emergency rain ponchos. I also recently put a big pair of vise grips in. Someone on here posted that their steering wheel broke and they used vise grips to steer back to camp.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input... ours does have the tow strap and jumper cables and I gotta get a few more things together for our weekend adventures... have a great Memorial Day Weekend

·
Banned
6,189 Posts
Fuel pump & filter , starter, coil pack , spark plug, oil , tie rod ends..

·
Registered
341 Posts
I carry any tools I might need, with an electric impact very handy, zip ties, slime and pump, first aid kit, snatch block, tire plugs, extra parts, tie rod ends, spark plug, extra bolts of various sizes, extra studs and lug nuts. Got most of the ideas at the rally when thats the items that broke on most people rides. Of course they were all polaris so not saying much there.

·
Registered
999 Posts
a spare belt is a must, duct tape, misc. electrical crimp connectors and a bit of wire, fuses, several fuel filters ( you never know when some one else will need one ) many of the items others have listed plus a lighter ( if i get mad enough at it I can light it on fire )

·
Registered
973 Posts
And dont forget a first aid kit for the humans :32:
We fall down alot and sometime break our parts too:eek5:
Mostly after the ride and :alcoholic:

·
Registered
398 Posts
By coincidence, I just finished cleaning out and arranging my bed gear bag, and made a print-out so I could remember what I had back there. Am I forgetting anything important?

8-Ton Hand Winch
Spare V-Belt
30" Sand Stake
Sledge Hammer
50' Tow Rope
20' Tow Strap
Folding Shovel
Bottle Jack and Wood Pad
3- 15 Minute Flares- Pocket Aerial Flares in Glove Box
Strobe Light
First Aid Kit
2 Cans Flat Fix
Tire Plug Kit
Tire Setting Strap
Air Compressor
Tire Pressure Gauge
Hand Cleaner and Rags
Fire Extinguisher
Survival Knife with Matches and Compass in Handle
Tool Bag with Flashlight, Fuses Tools, etc.

·
Registered
78 Posts
benzito I'm surprised you are the only one so far that listed a spare spark plug. I learned that one the hard way; don't leave home without it now!

Mine is similar to others on here as well with that addition. Also have some shop rags as well. SOmetimes to wipe mud off of headlights, me whatever! I might add a small syphon of some sort though. On one trip I had my fuel pump either go out or alost prime from the fuel tank and I could not get started. I was low on gas going down an EXTREMELY steep grade and it stalled and would not fire. Had to be towed back to camp and it would not start without the fuel pump being re-assembled and then a drip bag of gas to get the engine to fire and then pull fuel through to regain it's prime. Oddly enough starter fluid wouldn't keep it going long enough to catch prime. It was a crappy situation, torential rains thrown into the mix.

·
Banned
6,189 Posts
o ya 4got belt ...a must , good 1 hondafan

·
Registered
28 Posts
I dont know about you guys but where I go we carry a tube for the front and one for the rear incase of more serious holes or sidewall gashes.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my tool kit has doubled since I first posted.... hopefully because I am carting it all around as Murphy will have it I will NEVER NEED IT!!! one can hope! thanks for all of the wonderful ideas

·
Registered
316 Posts
**** paper! :banana:

(Plus a lot of the stuff previously mentioned.)

·
Registered
466 Posts
o ya 4got belt ...a must , good 1 hondafan
yes, the belt i could of used that my last ride went to crown king the front way had a day of 93 miles and belt blew only 2 miles from the trucks, luckily i was towed in by a buddy, would of really of sucked if it happened up top.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TP is MANDITORY in each glove box and carry on bag.... but after Mondays run to Silverwood/Miller Canyon... I was so happy that we had such a complete kit~ that trip was starting to look like a bad gilligans island rerun...first the rhino rear tire tear at the edge of the rim...lucky we carry 2 spares.... took longer to carry the cut of wood to lift the axle (SINCE WE HAVE NOT YET PURCHASED A BOTTLE JACK~~ TO DO).... the quad tire tore the sidewall next to the rim on a rock about 15 miles from camp... no spare so we used the tire plugs and the strap and got it reseated and rode straight back to camp.... (INNER TUBES FOR THE QUAD AND RHINO... TO DO~ and a spark plug)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts