Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting an aftermarket fuel cell to replace my stock one. What do I get as far as a pump, psi regulator,ect.? Plus is it best if I get a cell w/ a bladder? Please help, thank you

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I would ask this question in the racing section where everyone has done it...and call a couple of race shops and see what they sell and why...

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I use the stock pump and return setup, the only difference is I have the fuel cell mounted higher than the carb now so it siphons out of the tank if I disconect the line to work on the carb. I added a small inline valve. Jaz or Fuel Safe with a bladder is what most racers use.I has to add a fitting to my fuel safe cell for a return line also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rhino Fuel Pump Alternative / Electric Fuel Pump Conversion

Looking for something better than OEM with out spending a fortune...

I just finished up my electric pump conversion after the second vac fuel pump went out (2006 Rhino 660 carb model). After lots of searching and checking out/measuring many setups, I picked up a 12 volt inline sealed pump kit (3-5 psi), and an inline fuel filter from Napa that fits right in place of the stock pump with only minor lengthening of the mounting bracket holes on the pump (reused the OEM hardware). It is a 2 wire setup, black grounded with one of the mounting bolts and the red run with the OEM harness (zip tied in place when needed to keep it in place) to the battery box and spliced in to the wire indicated on the blue plug (loose in battery box, already fused, and powered when the key is on from OEM). Last thing to do is remove the factory vaccuum line that went to the stock pump and cap the nipple it went to on the intake. It took about an hour including removal of all the interior paneling as pictured.

Plumbed into original lines, it works like a champ for about $55. This makes for the ideal setup for any tank placement, and will support any mod as fuel will allways be available to the carb when needed but is low pressure using the OEM overflow to the tank returning any extra fuel not needed. When the key is off it cuts the fuel off from the tank...

What you'll need:
Fuel pump kit- PN 610-1052 (Napa Auto $46)
Inline Filter- Universal 5/16" ($3)
Fuel line clamps- 4 each 6/16" ($2)
Wire- About 10 feet ($1)
Zip ties- About 10 ($1)
Vac cap- ($.10 cents)
Wire connectors- 2 (.30 cents)
Fuel line- 1 foot of 5/16" (.60 cents)

Hope this helps,

Jimmy

Check out my You Tube Channel and videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hardtailxxx?feature=mhum

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info,i got a 700fi though. i think its a little diifferent,(46 psi) but still all info helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fuel Fix...

The fuel fix listed would be for the carb models. If you're running fuel injection, you shouldn't need anything as the stock electric fuel pump supplies more than enough fuel to the throttle body with any tank placement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts