Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What color positive wire on Cigarette lighter?

I'm in the process of installing a custom stereo and ran into a problem with the accessory wire, to turn the cd player on.

Anyone know what wire is the positive one? If I have it plugged into the right one, then i'll know if this is the issue or something else on the install.

Oh the wires are a green with black stripes, or white with solid black stripe.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Mine is pink and its the one on the left side pasanger. Mine also has a plus sign on the back of the socket. Wich would be positive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is pink and its the one on the left side pasanger. Mine also has a plus sign on the back of the socket. Wich would be positive.

Thanks for the reply. I definitely don't have a pink one. Does the pink have any stripes or solid lines? I'll look for the plus sign, I didn't notice any but didn't look that hard. Thanks again for the reply!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Simply check everything with a Tester or Meter, just to be safe! Auto wiring can be different as Black can and is mostly Ground, colored wires are Hot (+) but maybe keyed to ignition or a light circuit, so it is best to check, an Ohm meter will always tell you ground!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One is white with a black solid stripe, the other is green with dashed stripes. I don't have a pink one. I'll run a meter against it when I get a chance tonight. It might be another connection is loose or something, so I just thought if I knew for a fact the wire is right, then it has to be something else.

Thanks for your guy's inputs by the way!

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
ok, check it with a meter. also make sure they "+" "-" are to the correct wires on the back of the cig lighter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts