Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Looks good but i hope you have other lights than your headlights or you arent gonna see **** while driving at night with the plow up!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Artieb, I am wondering what is the diameter of your pivot rod that you use to attache the plow to the rhino? I am planning ton doing something similar but on the sides of the Rhino Frame down lower for me.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Looks good! I need to do something similar.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did the same mount last year. Actually used my old mount of a garden tractor. Its very stout. 1/4 steel. Also fabbed the mount up for the front of the Rhino. I used a 5/8 pin for the connecting the mount to the front of the Rhino.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am also concerned about the 3/8 " pin, I knew by using a common one piece pin that I would help stabilize the bracket to the plow's frame. If it wallows out, Ill go bigger pins. I may put some lights up high, I only plow my drive, and I wait until daytime, anyways.... I have chains and wonder if I should put the on the rear wheels? I can chain up the front, if we ever get any sn*w

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice job and looks good to. I moved mine this past spring. Mine goes almost as high, but not as far out the front. I was concerned when the plow is angled and pushing heavy wet snow and bending the plow frame. the front end doesnt look to sag to much either with that weight out there. I put some wood in the bed to balance it out and traction. the Rhino moves more snow than I thought it could.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am also concerned about the 3/8 " pin, I knew by using a common one piece pin that I would help stabilize the bracket to the plow's frame. If it wallows out, Ill go bigger pins. I may put some lights up high, I only plow my drive, and I wait until daytime, anyways.... I have chains and wonder if I should put the on the rear wheels? I can chain up the front, if we ever get any sn*w
When I plowed last year with mine, I was quite amazed by how much snow this thing could handle. Trust me, I dont think you will need chains.

·
Registered
427 Posts
When I plowed last year with mine, I was quite amazed by how much snow this thing could handle. Trust me, I dont think you will need chains.
X2 it's amazing how much snow you can push in just 2 WD, just make sure you use low gear in the heavy stuff, easier in the clutch & belt. I never have needed tire chains, a little weight in the back helps too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts