Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna be pulling out the Weller SR1 drivetrain out of the Rhino. I'm selling the Super Hubs, rear engine mount, rear carrier w/ sprockets, brake rotor and mount (not including caliper), axles w/ cv's and boots. The only thing you'd need to complete the kit are the front engine mounts and crossmembers:

SR1 Front Cross Square tubing 23"

SR1 Rear Cross Square Tubing 9 1/4"

SR1 02-03 Complete Mounting Plate Kit

Kit sells for $3,699 plus tax and shipping. I'm thinking of asking something like $2,500obo. Kit is currently still installed so you can check it out. I've ran it on two day trips to Gorman and one weekend trip to Glamis. Grease in cv's should be in great shape. Kit works extremely well. I'm selling cause I have a four seat Rhino and I've learned that reverse is definitely a must. Here is a bad picture of the kit. I'm on vacation and out of the country at the moment but I'll be glad to shoot out more pictures when I get home (Jan 10th). I'm located in SoCal, very close to Long Beach. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Good luck with the sale, Sal. I love having reverse and you will too. You won't have to worry about how or where you park anymore. No pushing it out of the toyhauler either.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It's just a heavy Rhino with the bigger cage and all. It sucks having to make everyone get out and push. This system will work really well for a lighter 2 seat car.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re

No, I'm keeping the R1. I'm pulling out the rear carrier and dropping in a Jeffco reverse box. In order to do this I need outboard brakes, so I'm going with Gear One hubs. I'll need 930 cv's and new axles. My Weller setup is great. I've had no issues with it. However, having a heavy four seat Rhino with no reverse sucks.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
No, I'm keeping the R1. I'm pulling out the rear carrier and dropping in a Jeffco reverse box. In order to do this I need outboard brakes, so I'm going with Gear One hubs. I'll need 930 cv's and new axles. My Weller setup is great. I've had no issues with it. However, having a heavy four seat Rhino with no reverse sucks.
Don't forget, The Gear One hubs use Type 2 Cv's. Axles can get tricky since they take two different CV's but possible.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Axles

Yeah, I'm currently looking into having some custom axles made. Should be anywhere from $500 to $800 depending on where I get them from.

·
Captain Zoom Sand Pirate
3,421 Posts
Where ever you get the Gear One mid-board kit you should be able to order the custom axles. Gear One makes custom axles as well, any length any spline.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
u guys need to run this set up ,
Those things destroy transmissions. I would rather break an axle than destroy my tranny whether it be on a rail or Rhino.

Yeah, I'm currently looking into having some custom axles made. Should be anywhere from $500 to $800 depending on where I get them from.
Yeah, Mine are from LSR. 300m, heat treated and 930 cv spline on the box side and Type 2 on the Gear One side.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
are you going to run 930cv on the jeffco gear box?? if you where running type 2's can you run the weller big brake kit on the cv and just make a mounting bracket for the caliper... just thinking out loud :alcoholic:

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
are you going to run 930cv on the jeffco gear box?? if you where running type 2's can you run the weller big brake kit on the cv and just make a mounting bracket for the caliper... just thinking out loud :alcoholic:
I ran 930's on my Rpm box and type 2's on the hubs with Gear One hubs. Axles are a piece of cake once you decide the length you need.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I ran 930's on my Rpm box and type 2's on the hubs with Gear One hubs. Axles are a piece of cake once you decide the length you need.

the reason i asked is if he can make the weller brakes work on the gear box he will not need the gearone hubs since he already has the weller brakes and sr1 hubs..

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Jeffco box doesn't have a through shaft that would allow you to run a brake. Shaun at Jeffco did this on purpose cause he says people have damaged axles with this setup. :dunno: I would have gladly run the Weller big brake setup, but alas, I cannot.

In any case, I've already picked up a set of Gear One hubs with brakes. So now I have Gear One flanges for a stock Rhino rear diff, Gear One type two axles (for +6 Rhino suspension), and Type II cv's for sale. This on top of all the Weller stuff.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
The Jeffco box doesn't have a through shaft that would allow you to run a brake. Shaun at Jeffco did this on purpose cause he says people have damaged axles with this setup. :dunno: I would have gladly run the Weller big brake setup, but alas, I cannot.

In any case, I've already picked up a set of Gear One hubs with brakes. So now I have Gear One flanges for a stock Rhino rear diff, Gear One type two axles (for +6 Rhino suspension), and Type II cv's for sale. This on top of all the Weller stuff.
Gear One would not sell the hubs separately or did you find them used?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gear One would sell them for $2,600. I found a used kit from a post back in May on the UTV forum. So now I have more parts to sell.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts

i need axles for my type 2 to gear ones hubs that fits my +6 cognito kit...do you think your axles might fit??

·
Registered
6,996 Posts

i need axles for my type 2 to gear ones hubs that fits my +6 cognito kit...do you think your axles might fit??
For sure. Ask has the first generation Cognito kit. Are you going to make it Mlk weekend, Louie?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts

For sure. Ask has the first generation Cognito kit. Are you going to make it Mlk weekend, Louie?

no jimmy im not going to make it to glamis my nephew turns 2 and the party is at my house that weekend

1 - 20 of 31 Posts