Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really wanna put twisted stitch vortex seats with sdr bases in my 08 with a stock cage. i was told by some that they'll work and some say they wont. has any one done this with a stock cage? the guy that said it should work said to just put a harness bar in and remove the stock one. i put a call in to sdr to try to get some info but never heard back from him, also searched with not much luck..

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
give twisted stitch a call, they will help you out right away. thats what i had to do. im not sure which seats that i have but they barely fit and my cage is 4" wider at the front seats and 8" in the rear

·
Registered
534 Posts
Should work fine, Call us at the shop, we will get you taken care of

Steven 760 484 0986

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
DEMO MAN, I apologize you didn't get a call back.

Im looking into exactly what needs to be done to make the Vortex seats work with the stock cage. Ill send you a PM as soon as I know. Ill also include a discount code to use on our web site.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
DEMO MAN

The Vortex is not a easy bolt in with the stock cage, like other seats. If you are really set on the Vortex, it is possible, but will require cutting off the stock headrest plate for sure, and possibly removing the entire rear X frame of the cage. You will then have to play with the seat location on the seat bases, and using washers or spacers to get it right where you need it. It has been done, but requires moving the seat as far forward as possible, which will reduce leg room, and can make accessing the latch hard.

As an alternative, the Twisted Stitch Aggressors and the PRP High backs both work much better with the stock cage.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
To add to that. You do for sure have to remove the X brace, and add a harness bar, and even then, the shoulder of the Vortex is really close to the b-pillar, and will require moving the seat forward if you don't want them rubbing.

By the way, I loved the Vortex seats in my rhino. They are a great seat!!

·
Vendor
9,660 Posts
the ONLY thing i did was unbolt the headrest pad because the customer was planning on using the stock cage again, so he didnt want to cut them off yet

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks to all for the responses! now after looking at the install pics from nick it appears that they still hang out a couple inches past the cage. i do all woods riding and dont want to damage them. is there anything else out the thats still very comfy and easy to get the mud off of? how does the agressors compare to the vortex? i want to order some but out here in pa there aint nowhere to go look and try these out.
thanks again,

tim

·
Vendor
9,660 Posts
Tim,

When you go down, you have to go out. (the seat bases move them over when going to down to clear the engine cover)

Look into the aggressor, its a little narrower than the Vortex.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Another question about Vortex model -

I'm a big dude (6'5" 250), so would i be better getting lowered seat bases, or use stock?

Does lowering them bring them forward too? I can't have that - it's a bit tight already!

Running a Dragonfire Racing 4 seat cage that has a harness bar across back of the seats... any issues with Vortex and stock bases?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Another question about Vortex model -

I'm a big dude (6'5" 250), so would i be better getting lowered seat bases, or use stock?

Does lowering them bring them forward too? I can't have that - it's a bit tight already!

Running a Dragonfire Racing 4 seat cage that has a harness bar across back of the seats... any issues with Vortex and stock bases?
That really depends on your cage more than anything. The lowering bases can be re-drilled/shimmed to move your seat where ever you want, but if your seats are already really close to any of your cage tubes, yes, it will have to go forward a little as it goes down.

Im not familiar with the DF cage specifically, sorry.

But Im 6'3 and ran the Vortex seats in a custom cage with the lowering bases, and they were fine. Never ran them with the stock bases though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.